Monday, May 12, 2014

My little dancer

Saturday May 10th Natalia had her very first dance recital!  
We had to attend a dress rehearsal on Friday which is where I got most of my pictures from.  
I also recorded it: 
She is so worried about staying in her spot that when other little girls get in front of her she doesn't move, so I had to keep moving the camera to be able to see her. 






She seriously did so great!  I was so very proud of her for getting up there and doing it.  She looked a little petrified coming out on stage and realizing the audience was full of people.  But the second she caught a glimpse of her teacher in the front row she started to smile.  I remember how nerve racking it was to get out in front of people like that (piano or dance recitals) and how hard my heart would pound with nerves... so for her to do it at her age I was so very impressed!!   One little class of girls her age had a girl stand in the center and cry the entire dance, I was so afraid she would do the came but her whole class did awesome.  I recorded the dance but feel like an evil mom because at one point the little ones are doing their sashays across the stage and they crashed into each other, at which point you can hear me giggle on the video.  I stopped once I realized one little girl almost started crying over the bonk on her head though! 
She then got to see some of the older girls dance, which was fun.  I asked her if she wanted to keep going to lessons to dance like the big girls and she said yes.  Woo.  

Aunt Steph, Uncle John, and Cypress brought her flowers and it totally made her day!!


I do have to say that I was less then impressed on how the studio handled the tickets/seating.  According to them they sold as many tickets as there were seats.  They offered to prepurchase tickets to prevent sell out so I prebought tickets for all our family just in case.  We got there about 20 minutes before it all started and were lucky to find two seats together.  Except I bought three tickets, so Lydia  sat on Charlies lap, instead of her own seat. Our entire family struggled to find seats and both of the other 11's had tickets but sat on laps.  I also had some family not able to make it that had prepurchased tickets so that's another four seats unaccounted for. People all over were saving seats, and I started to wonder if they were saving seats for their dancers who didn't need tickets but that took up the seat for a ticket holder?  Anyway, it was chaos.  My poor dad was turned away at the door because of it and didn't get to see her dance!!!   From what we've been told it's always like this??? COME ON!  I get that they are a popular studio, but if it's always chaos like this it's time to change things in my opinion.  Anyway, our niece Cypress has her recital at the end of the month with a different studio.  I'm curious to see how they do their recital and the talents of the dancers they produce to see if it's worth maybe switching studios??  Tough to say because I know this studio is a good one and we have a lot of friends there.  =( 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor