Friday, May 16, 2014

33 and Mother's day with 3

I've been struggling to write this post!  

So my birthday fell on Mother's Day this year.  When I was little I really really didn't like when that would happen.  Not that I didn't LOVE my mother, because I did, and I wanted her to have a day to celebrate her.  But because then my birthday was kind of over looked and forgotten, and when you are little it's a big deal to have a birthday.  So this year I really didn't think it was going to be that big of deal that it as on the same day.  I'm a mommy now so it's a double celebration right?  And I really did have a good day with Charlie and the kiddos.  (more on that later) but at the same time I felt like it really was just Mother's Day and my birthday was pushed to the side.  Tons of people who would normally wish me a happy birthday, just didn't.  A lot of people didn't even remember until I posted something the next day saying thank you for birthday wishes on Facebook.  It might just be me, but I look forward to happy birthday posts on Facebook!  And all around me family told me they forgot to bring me their cards/gifts, again forgetting it was my birthday too.  
I know how ridiculous I sound, trust me.  Anyway, now that I've had my pitty party.

So for a while now I've been talking about wanting to do rings with birthstones for my babies.  Charlie really wanted me to wait until we had our third before getting them.  Then we got pregnant with Quinton, but wanted to wait to see when he'd be born because of the different stones for Feb/March.  So then it was decided that this would be my Birthday/Mother's day gift because it would probably be a little pricey.  I did TONS of searching, price comparing etc.  And finally found this set that I was happy with!

They are meant for my right hand, but are actually a tad small.  I went and sized my finger and the size 5 was a bit snug but the jeweler said I would want them a bit snug so they wouldn't fall off in winter.  Except they hurt my knuckle every time I try to put them on!  My fingers are super swollen with this warm weather already, imagine when it gets in the 90's and higher!  So I've been wearing them on my left hand, instead of my wedding/engagement rings.  I plan on getting them re-sized (thankfully there is a small part in the back that's not covered in stones so they should be able to do it) just a 1/4 size bigger so that they should fit my right hand. But I LOVE them.  The purple one is June for Natalia, and in some lights it changes and is a green/tealish color super cool.  Pink is October for Lydia, and the blue one is March for Quinton.  It worked out perfectly with the color combo don't you think?  =) 

So the day of Mother's Day/Birthday.  Quinton doesn't know the meaning of letting me sleep in on such a big day, so I was up around 7am.  Charlie took Natalia to go get our traditional donuts, and Lydia probably woke up about 10 min after they left.  We had breakfast and the girls gave me some cards Charlie had helped them make for me. Then for the life of me I can't remember what we did the rest of the morning??? ha ha ha.  Then I said we should go get smoothies from Jamba and chicken stars from Carl's Junior (Natalia had been asking for both for a while now) and take them to the park for a picnic.  It was SUPER windy, but otherwise nice and warm so it was a ton of fun. 
After the park we went home so Lydia and Quinton could nap.  During the naps I frantically finished my grandmas (and the moms) gifts which were frames decorated cute that had a picture of Quinton as a newborn and his hand/foot prints on either side.  It's something that Derek and Ashlee started when they had Oliver and we have been doing with each grand baby for my grandma and mom.  Since I was already making them for those two I would make one for Charlie's mom as well. My grandma has them hanging on the wall in her living room around her family tree picture and it's super cute.  We won't see my mom until the end of the month to give her hers and Debra got hers the next day.   That evening we went to my grandmas house and she had made papusas (traditional El Salvadorian dish).  They were delicious!  The girls had a blast playing outside with Briana and Kyle and were so extremely worn out.  

The next day Monday, we met with Charlies family at Olive Garden for dinner.  We went at 5pm to avoid the dinner rush and avoid large crowds, which we did but it still went south fast.  It was supposed to be a Mother's Day/Birthday celebration, but again felt more like just a Mother's day Celebration.  We were reminded why we rarely try to go out to eat as a group.  It was just chaos.  I was told to sit on the end and was surrounded by kids and missed out on a lot of the adult conversation (I told them I felt like I was sat at the kids table at holiday time! ha ha ha)   Not to mention that the service was SO SLOW, so the kids were hungry and getting antsy.  And they messed up a ton, completely forgetting mine and John's meals somehow, so they had to comp a bunch of stuff. The meal that I loved there wasn't on the menu anymore and the meal I did order and finally got was just meh. I felt sick to my stomach for some reason so I didn't even get to really enjoy my free birthday desert.  =(


One highlight was picking up Natalia from preschool Thursday and having this greet us mamas: 

 
Speaking of preschool, next week is her last week!!!  And since we leave for Texas Thursday, really her last day is Tuesday.  I'm sooo not prepared for her to be old enough to be done with preschool!!

I feel like the fog is slowly lifting, and I'm slowly starting to get the hang of this new chaos we have.  ;)  I'm still so extremely exhausted, but the good days are starting to outnumber the hard days.

And yes, we are going to Texas next week!!  Time to introduce Quinton to his Great Grandparents.  The coolest part?? We got Charlie's dad to go down with us for a couple of the same days so I'm going to be able to get a four generation picture of the boys!!!  When they were here last for Steve's wedding I got a picture of Charlie with his dad and grandpa and captioned it with "so much pressure"  because really Charlie is the only boy, of an only boy, of an only boy... so there was a lot of pressure to produce a boy to carry on the name.  ha ha ha.  Not that I wouldn't have been oh so happy with a health baby girl.  I'm excited for the trip because we always have a good time when we go... just a little scared to fly with three.  And, the fact that we fly into Dallas and then have to drive two hours to Wichita Falls, and Quinton hates his car seat and screams.... hopefully he'll sleep some.

2 comments:

Sprinkles and Glitter said...

Those rings are SO cute! Such a great idea!!

Unknown said...

It's alright to want a little extra attention on your birthday, you deserve it!
Hope you got my text!!

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor