"Snugs" I don't know how snuggle time went to snugs, but it did. After we do our usual bedtime routine with the girls of PJ's/stories/songs I go and rock with Lydia for a bit before putting her down in her crib. Then Natalia wants me to come back and do snugs. I have to snuggle up on her and sing Twinkle Twinkle and ABC's one more time. Right as I'm laying down though I have to do "Bumpy lumpys" with her. Charlie will take Natalia to use the potty one last time while I'm rocking with Lydia and then when she lays in her bed he has to cover her with a blanket. I come in and pretend to lay down and wait for her to come back but at the same time poke at this bumpy lumpy blanket. She giggles and squeals and thinks its hilarious. If I'm not around for bed time (like on a Tuesday and I'm gone for shows) then she will ask Charlie to make sure I do snugs when I get home. I have to be sure she is slightly awake for it or she will wake up in the middle of the night mad that I didn't do snugs with her. A long time ago she had a set of special things she required of us and we had to cut them out of our routine because we were struggling with her and her sleep habits (like the hip hip hoorays thing) but this hasn't seem to affect her so we'll keep doing it for now.
She also refers to these crackers I like to buy as bumpy lumpy crackers. The edges are a little rippled so I think that's where she got it from?? When she wants them she will ask for bumpy lumpy crackers.
Last Tuesday was the first day to apply for the charter schools in our area. So I submitted Natalia's application for Kindergarten. I want to try and get her into the year round one that's across the street from our subdivision. So now we wait until February when they draw the lottery and see if she got in. If she doesn't get into that school I definitely don't want her in the school for our boundaries. There is actually one closer to us and right along the walking path by Charlies work that I would prefer for her to go to. So I'll have to figure out how to get her name moved to that school as our back up to the charter school. I can't get over that it's that time already and I have to start thinking about kindergarten for her. Let's face it, I've been thinking about this for a couple of years now. it's one reason I love where we built our house because of the school options around us. But anyway, that's my brain and that's how I am, I think of these things way before it's time. ;) She's not supposed to be old enough to go to kindergarten!! She's still my baby!!!
She felt Quinton move for the first time about a week ago and her eyes GOT SO BIG. I think at that moment it really occurred to here that there is really a baby in my belly and it's not all just talk. She's always asking me now if he's moving or if he's asleep and always feeling my belly.
Lydia:
"I na know"- I don't now
"Mokies"- she wants those hillshire farms little smokies
Now that she has "giant Mickey" she refers to her first Mickey that started the obsession as "teeny tiny Mickey" even though she has smaller ones.
There is a Minnie attached to like a square blanket piece. I can't remember if Debra gave it to Lydia or Natalia in the hospital, but Lydia has claimed it as her own. She carries that thing EVERYWHERE and sleeps with it. It's so filthy and gross. I finally convinced her the other night that Minnie needed a bath and she let me put Minnie in the washer. She's so cute with it though, when carrying her around she insists on holding Minnie's hand like we hold hands.
She loves watching Super Why, which has given us a small nice break from so much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Her meltdowns aren't as epic as they were thank goodness. I don't know what was going on those couple of weeks, but this I can handle. Usually if I mention Giant Mickey during any sort of melt down she perks right up and wants him and problem is solved. ha ha ha.
When I say "love you" at night time before laying her down she will reply with "ove you" back. Then she will list off everyone that she loves too. "talia too, daddy too, Mickey too, switch too" it's super cute. Last night I didn't even have to say Love you first, she just said "ove you mommy" when we were snuggled up singing.
We met up with a mom from Facebook to get baby clothes and it was right by USwirl... I couldn't resist the urge to stop. It was so yummy and the girls loved it. That patch of pink near Lydia's boots is her Minnie that goes all over with her. ;)
Lydia showing off her "giant mickey" and "teeny tiny mickey"
We were watching TV the other day and this is how Lydia was watching. When I asked what she was doing, her response was "I watching super why mommy" nothing to do with why she was watching in this position.
My first day being out for the count with my sinus infection. I gave the girls these huge boxes and markers to decorate and it kept them occupied for a good couple of hours.
While Charlie was in Boston Natalia decided it was ok to wake me up every single night with a nightmare. One night it was twice, 4am and then again at 5:30 am. Add on top of that my couple of wake ups to pee and I was exhausted. So I pulled her into bed with me and there she slept until 8:30am. STINKER. First night with Charlie back she woke up again and this time Charlie pulled her into bed and she snuggled right up to him and hogged his side of the bed. Super cute, but don't want to form a bad habit here. So we had a good talk and the second night back she finally slept all night.
**I'm sooo soo sad and devastated. My cousin who has been doing all our pictures (family, birthday, newborn etc) has decided to retire from the photography business. I'm in search for a new photographer but just feel so spoiled by my cousin's work, that I'm lost and struggling. I see good work out there, but it either costs way more then she did, or if it costs the same it's because they expect you to pay for prints through them. She was awesome and just gave me a CD full of our pictures that I could just print at Costco with. FREAKING OUT a little bit... Quinton will be here soon and I need to set someone up for his newborn pictures.






No comments:
Post a Comment