Monday, January 6, 2014

New Years Eve plus

Wow, now that I'm typing these all out I realize we have a lot of traditions with Charlie's family. ha ha ha.  Another one is our sibling date night we do every year for Christmas.  This was our third year doing it and we had a blast as usual.  We decided back then that we would do just gifts for the kiddos, and alternate which family we had, and no gifts for the adults.  That our gift to each other was just to spend an evening together without kids.  This year we chose to go to The Village and eat at Kona Grill.  The food was good and really pricey.  ;)  We had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs.  Afterwards we walked out to the fountain to see a bit of the show, got this photo, and then decided it was way too cold to be out.  Ali had to head home to kiddos since she had just worked a full day.  So Charlie, Steph, John, and myself went to Big Al's and bowled a little.


New Years Eve day, my mom thought it would be really fun to take all the little ones bowling.  Briana and Kyle joined in on the fun, which made the kids super happy.  Natalia chose her awesome outfit for the occasion.... this is her explanation as to why it went together. "The shirt is purple and so is my skirt.  My skirt has polka dots and so do my tights"  The shirt/skirt were two different purples and the shirt didn't really work with a skirt.  Her tights were black and then she wore her brown cow girl boots to complete it.  Throw in the green headband and this is what we got.  Of course, I can't stop her because I love that she has a mind of her own when it comes to these things.  We'll see how far that gets her when she's older and trying to dress immodestly he he he.  Anyway, it was Natalia's second time bowling and we let Lydia attempt it this time.  They both had a ton of fun.  Natalia would roll the ball down and immediately walk away without even seeing how many pins she knocked down.  Lydia would say, "I did it" every time she rolled the ball down the ramp, not even waiting to see if she would hit any pins.

After bowling we all went to my grandma's for dinner.  After my mom had our girls over night she had the boys over night, and then decided she wanted to try and do all of them together.  She used to do all four over night at her house when she lived here so it wasn't too strange a concept.  Except in her old house she would have Lydia sleep in a pack n play in her room.  Natalia and Oli slept on bunk beds in the spare room.  And Dexter would sleep in another pack n play in the office.  And Dyson wasn't born yet.  So now she's got 5 kiddos over night, at my grandma's house, and she had the four oldest camp out in the living room.  They were super cute getting all ready with their sleeping bags.  She said Lydia was a trouble maker and wouldn't stop talking and eventually ended up in a pack n play in the toy room (Dyson was already asleep in the other pack n play in there).  but other then that they did great.  Natalia hasn't stopped talking about it and I'm just so glad the girls got to have a grandma slumber party again.  


Because my mom had the girls over night Charlie and I actually got to go do something on New Years Eve.  It's been a few years since we've been kiddoless on New Years Eve so we weren't quite sure what to do with our selves!  One of his friends had invited us over though, so we went and hung out with Charlie's friends and some of their significant others.  We played Cards Against Humanity and they had some yummy fondue set up.  I actually had a really fun night despite being exhausted and up way past my bed time.  ;)  During the night the fact that Charlie "modeled" with the robot his dad created came up and people wanted to see the picture.  I actually have a full size poster of it here at home that his dad gave me years ago.  So I googled it and sure enough found this picture to show everyone.  ;)  Isn't he adorable???


I just have to throw this one in here, but remember my awesome furniture I got off of Craig's list for super cheap???  I got the coffee table and two end tables for almost the same cost that the coffee table would have been new.  (and don't forget the leather couch deal!)  Anyway, I've been watching but seriously didn't think I would be so lucky to find the matching sofa table on there as well.  I want it to actually go in our entry way.  Well a couple of weekends ago I figured it was time to just go down to Furniture Row and get it.  I was starting to worry that maybe it would get discontinued and then I'd really be out of luck.  Well, thankfully I did it when i did!! Not only was I right about it being discontinued (they only had four left) the sales guy said that it was on clearance and gave me 40% off on the table!  WOO HOO!!  So I felt tons better about buying it new. 

Ok, so I think that about covers the last of our Holiday fun!  Wow we've been busy.  But it's not over yet!  This weekend is my baby shower, so excited!  And then next week I finally AT LAST get to go and get my new phone.  

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor