It's been absolutely crazy around here though. I'm stressing about our money. The 2nd payment from the sale of the company (two years ago) was supposed to come through at the end of the month. That was going to be our down payment on the home loan for this house. Well we just found out today that it's not going to come in time. GRRR. They are withholding it for some stupid reason and not sure when it will be released. Leading up to this news I was scrambling around trying to get all the appropriate documentation to our lenders for the loan. We had to do more then usual to prove we aren't drug dealers and that this money was legit... ha. Well all that was for nothing. So luckily we still have our home equity loan on our current house in place (at a zero balance for now) and we'll just use that until we get the money. DOH!
Next? Well I've been packing as much as I can and ran out of boxes. A friend of mine works at Old Navy and offered me a butt load. While loading the car up with said boxes I managed to injure myself. I was carrying an armload of boxes and couldn't really see what I was doing. I tripped and fell down some stairs, dropped the boxes, and twisted my ankle. Luckily it wasn't anything worse but my poor ankle is pretty sore. It's not too swollen so I know I didn't do too much damage, but boy is it tender. Charlie was super daddy and stayed home with us yesterday so I could just rest my ankle. It was a huge help and I am sorely missing his help today. Thank goodness it's Friday and we've got two whole days with Daddy coming up. We have to run to Sears at some point this weekend and check out fridges because I would really like to have it delivered with the rest of the appliances.
Oh and the house itself? Well it's BEAUTIFUL. Except for the fact that there have been some mess ups. I'm hoping this is just typical of a home building experience, but wow. First of all the garages got painted even though we chose to leave them white. So that has to be fixed. The granite counter tops were supposed to have a smooth edge and were cut with the chiseled edge. Today I had to go meet the interior decorator to pick out new counter tops so that we can have them cut right. GRR. For the most part it's gone really smoothly but a lot of the "mistakes" hit us at once so we got overwhelmed by them. (there were a couple of other things but that is what I remember at the moment).
We also are having to get things fixed up around this house prepping it for rental. The garage needed fixing and when it was all said and done was a wad of cash. It looks totally ridiculous right now too because they had to replace a panel in it so there's a white stripe going across it. We'll have to either find matching paint or have it all repainted which could end up costing a lot of money. Not cool. I spent a good portion of an afternoon on the phone contacting property management companies to get info and quotes. Geesh was that exhausting. Hoping that renting this house out will be more beneficial then stressful. Fingers crossed.
Add that all to the snow we've been getting and I'm feeling a little stir crazy. Natalia is loving the snow and asks constantly to go play in it. Lydia wasn't so much of a fan. Hopefully she'll learn to love it though or we'll have to keep up with this playing only when Lydia's napping bit.
Lydia's molars are coming in too. She's been a trooper though and hasn't been very grumpy. Shes finally feeling better from the whole pneumonia bit. She's sleeping much better and has actually slept the entire night the last two nights. She's completely off formula now and just on whole milk. Next up is to ditch that bottle. Her 15 month appointment is coming up and I'm hoping to have it gone by then. Still not walking but getting better and better about standing on her own. yesterday she went so far to go from a sitting position to standing all on her own. So I know we are oh so close to those first steps. Silly girl. Natalia's still not napping which is really tough on me. I'm used to having that little bit of down time each day and keeping her entertained is wearing me out. ;) I do love the extra time we have together just the two of us though. She's doing a little bit better at night, still crashing after we sing and put her to bed. Most of the time she wakes up at 6am crying that I never came back, and after I sing to her and give her one more sip of milk she'll go back to bed until 8/8:30am. A couple of times she's woken up around 11pm instead but then will sleep until 8am. Last night was the first night in a LONG LONG time that she slept the entire night. She crashed around 7:30/7:40 and didn't wake up until 8:15am this morning WOOOO!!! Her potty training on the other hand is a complete disaster all over again. She did so good leading up to Christmas because Jingle the Elf was here. But this last week and a half or so it's non stop accidents. Mostly poop, and sometimes twice a day. I'm so tired of cleaning up so much SH**!! Pardon my language, but seriously. Because it's a panties and not a diaper it's not contained and it gets everywhere. What do I do?!?!?!?!
Oh and these two adorable angels???
Are capable of some serious shenanigans...
They were drawing on the back door windows with window markers, and decided it was funny to slobber all over and smear their faces into the pictures. I was dying laughing and decided I'd rather get the picture then reprimand them. Imagine the trouble they can cause when they get bigger. ;)
Ok, I better go get some rest.

No comments:
Post a Comment