That's right I'm sick again. In fact the whole family is sick AGAIN. We are really good at sharing germs over here. Even Charlie who has manged to stay healthy all winter long, despite our previous colds, has managed to catch it this time.
This has definitely been the winter of sickness. Poor miss Lydia has croup. She went to bed Sunday night sounding especially croupy and then proceeded to have the worst night ever. It was pure torture for this mama because I did everything I possibly could do for her and she was still a sad miserable mess. Natalia went to bed complaining of a sore throat and proceeded to wake up multiple times the entire night. I was basically up the entire night holding Lydia in her rocker so she could get a little bit of sleep between fits of coughing. Since I didn't sleep at all (and I had been sick since Friday night) I was a mess as well. Charlie had the day off on Monday so we all packed up and headed off to the pediatrician. Thankfully Natalia tested negative for Strep. But Lydia was just flat out sick and miserable. Not only does she have croup but she has an ear infection as well. (her fever was at a scary 102 when they checked it) So they gave her a dose of steroids and a prescription for antibiotics. She proceeded to have a rough day. Charlie took the first half of the night so that I could try to get some sleep last night. Again another very rough night took place. Finally at 4am he brought her into our bed so he could crash. She managed to sleep (just slightly fitfully) for almost 2.5 hours snuggled up to me though. Today has gone just slightly better and she actually took a nap that was just over an hour. So we'll see how tonight goes for us. Everything I've read about croup says the first two nights are the hardest so here's hoping for a much easier night tonight. Natalia seems to be doing much better and actually only woke up once last night. In Natalia's words: "My froat hurts and I have a beber" She cracks me up even if I'm not feeling good. Now if only Charlie and myself could start to feel better! GRRR.
My little sickie and I outside, all bundled up, because the cold air is good for her croupy lungs... of course it totally blows it was only 2 degrees at the time. BTW I'm so over this winter as well. I hate this below freezing weather and the fact that it's too cold to go out. GRRR
I'm so ready to get out of this house and into the new house. Maybe we'll finally be able to get away from these germs. I clean and wash everything but it's not making much of a difference. I can't believe that next Friday is our final walk through! It's incredible how fast the house went up and we're already at the end of it.
Ok, I'm off to watch me some Vampire Diaries. I'm slightly addicted, and even though I'm dead exhausted I gotta sneak in an episode or two before bed. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment