Tuesday, August 23, 2011

In a Funk

Well I have killer heartburn and I can't sleep. What else is there to do but blog?

So I feel like I'm in a blogging funk, and it seems to be going around. My only blog posts are about being pregnant or about the kiddo really. I don't know if it's just that my life is too much about those things or if I'm really that boring. =) Hard part is that I feel like I have one maybe two readers anyway... and this is mostly so that my kiddos can go back and read about themselves some day right so why not just write about them all the time? I don't really know where I'm going with this either so bare with me here. I wish I was more of a creative writer and had some better ideas/random blog posts. But alas, I'm not. I love reading other peoples blogs though, and sometimes I get ideas from them but never follow through. Like my SIL posting about her bucket list. Made me think what I would want to put on mine and I sorta started one but never finished it or posted it for that matter.
Or another girl's blog that I read recently talked about stay at home moms and I guess she got a lot of flack for it. I never posts blogs like that and maybe I should? BTW my thoughts on that issue is everyone does what is best for their family and for me it was to stay home. I've said this to some people but when I was little I never imagined myself as a teacher or said someday when I grow up I want to be a dancer or whatever little girls usually say. I always knew that what I wanted most was to be a mommy. I knew that I would do whatever it took to be home with my kiddos. Sure if push came to shove I'd get a job, but I would hate every minute I was working away from my babies. I love being home and being a part of what makes Natalia tick. Some days are harder then others, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm so lucky that we are in a situation that allows me to stay home financially. I know that. But I also don't think less of anyone who does work because I know they are doing what is best for them.
We had a really interesting weekend this weekend. Not really sure if it's something I'll ever blog about because it was pretty personal. But, it really taught us a lot... it was definitely a learning experience. I also feel that Charlie and I are strong enough in our marriage that we can get through anything and so although our situation could totally suck we will make the best of it now and appreciate things later on. That probably makes no sense what so ever, but I felt like I needed to say it.
Anyway, those are just a couple of things that have been on my mind lately. I wish I was more exciting... maybe I would get more readers that way? =) Oh well, hello and goodnight to my two readers.

4 comments:

Amy said...

goodnight =)

Alison said...

I think you're funny. Some times its hard to express your thoughts on a page. I had the same problem when I was pregnant, I just didn't feel like I had anything I wanted to share/people would want to hear. Eventually I just realized that my blog was mine and I would put whatever I wanted on it and if people read it then great, if not oh well. I was still proud of what I was writing. And that's when I started seeing people actually read my blog. Another thing I've learned from other blogs is that it's a bit of a community and if you want people to visit your page you kind of have to put yourself out there and "market yourself". I keep debating if I want to do that or just keep it where it is as far as readers go. I think all bloggers struggle from time to time about the direction their blog takes. There's nothing wrong with just using your space on the interwebs as a sort of scrapbook, after all it is your space :)

Jenn W. said...

Haha I'm reader #3! I like your blog posts, its how I keep connected to your life so far away.
I love the Pioneer Woman's blog and she just writes about what she knows and funny stories from her past. You could write things you know: tips for new moms, couponing, crafty stuff like your new nursery things like that. But I'm sure you have way more than 2 readers.

Misty said...

I must be reader #4!:) I think just blogging about Natalia and Lydia is perfectly fine. I always have a hard time deciding what to blog about as well.

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor