So today has started out to be pretty crappy. I'm hoping after nap time it'll get better though. Natalia decided to get up super early this morning, and for some reason I slept awfully and my whole body ached. You can ask Charlie was I super grumpy today. Anyway, I thought we might as well take advantage of our extra time and head off to the grocery store. We went to Fred Meyer which is Natalia's new favorite store because they have the carts shaped like cars there. She loves "steering" the cart and saying, "vroom vroom." It's so cute. Those things are a pain to push because they are heavy and really difficult to maneuver. Anyway, we got done there and went across the street to Walgreens. I had some coupons to use, and Natalia needed lotion. Normally my habit is to stick my keys in my purse, go around the car get Natalia out, then get my purse and lock the doors. I have no idea where my head was at today though. I went around the side and realized the doors where locked!! I don't remember locking them, but I must have hit the button as I was getting out. Anyway I managed to stay calm, which is sooo unlike me. I ran into the store and asked to use the phone. I tried calling Charlie on his cell twice, he didn't answer (he doesn't answer number's he doesn't recognize)... so I called his work number and got voicemail. So I asked for a phone book, I didn't want to dial 911, I looked up the police dispatch number. It's an easy number, so I have it memorized now, 888-1234! Anyway, they said to go back outside and wait with Natalia. Once outside, I then broke down and started bawling. I could hear her cries in the car, it must have scared her when I disappeared. Once she could see me again, she stopped crying and just hung out. I managed to gather my whits before the police arrived though. They spent 20 minutes trying to get the darn thing unlocked. Luckily they got it before the lock smith arrived though. As soon as that door was unlocked I ripped it open and grabbed Natalia out of the seat and starting bawling again. Her little hands were a bit cold, but she had stayed pretty warm in her seat thank goodness. It was a nice 17 degrees out this morning so I was worried. If it had been warm out, I would have just smashed the window in the car and gotten her out ASAP! Of course once she was out of that seat she didn't want to go back in, so instead of going home like I wanted to do, we went into the store and got her lotion anyway. Little stinker! I felt like such an idiot walking into the store after that ordeal. Oh well. Once home I searched for the spare key in the kitchen drawer, guess what? It's not there!! No idea where it could be either. GRR! So we'll be going to make some copies of that this afternoon.
I finally got the call from Idaho Camera, guess how much?!?! $80!!! YEAH RIGHT! For $20 more I can get something almost exactly like what we had and more mega pixels... so another errand we will be running after nap time is to get mama a new camera, I need to feed the addiction. I'm going through withdrawals not taking photos of my snuggle bug!!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment