FINALLY!!
I get to share our exciting secrets!!! ;)
So as most of you know, Charlie works for his dad as an electrical engineer. We are so very blessed and fortunate for him to have that job and for it to be such a successful business in this economy. Well, things just got better. Charlie's dad sold the business... now usually when you hear those words people flinch and scream, possibly prepare for the worst. But, in our case this means nothing but good news!! We've known about this for a few months now, but weren't allowed to discuss it until papers were signed and the deal was done. Now it's official, you can read about it http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/01/26/1502999/boston-company-buys-boise-energy.html
Why is it good for us? Well, for one Charlie's job is secure. Steve, Charlie's dad, is going to stick around as well. Two, this means we are no longer related to the owner so we qualify for a medical savings card! We did it a couple of years ago when the receptionist that worked there, at that time, didn't know the rules... anyway, it was awesome to have and I'm sooo looking forward to having it again. Another good thing is health insurance!! With the old business to add Natalia and I to Charlie's insurance would have cost us over $400 a month!! As it is, we had our own individual plan through Blue Cross that had a $5,000 maternity deductible plus we had to pay 20% of the bills once we met the deductible. UGH! you can imagine how much it cost us to have Natalia. =) This new company has amazing insurance benefits and now we can afford to add Natalia and I to Charlie's plan because the cost is significantly less!! WOO HOO! Lastly, this new change means we have had some options financially. We went back and forth between just staying where we are or buying a new house and renting out our house. The market is amazing right now, and we came across a couple of great houses. One we fell in love with right away, but it wasn't a short sale after all so it fell through. The other we loved a lot about it but when it came down to it we decided to back out because it wasn't our "dream home" and we want this next move to be our last. So now it's starting to look like we'll just stay put for a bit longer. Our "dream house" is out there, we'll just have to wait a little while longer to find it. Maybe I'll get a new car this summer instead! =) No matter what, it's a super exciting time in our life. This was what I was referring to when I said we were getting our ducks in a row though.
More exciting news? Yes please!! We are the proud auntie/uncle to another nephew or niece on the way! Charlie's older sister Stephanie and her husband John are expecting their first little one due in August! So with baby Jocelyn (Charlie's little sister) on the way in late April that makes 5 nephews/nieces for us!! My guess for this newest little one is a boy... we shall see in 8 weeks or so. Now if we were to get pregnant here soon and have a little one this year as well that would make 3 babies born in 2011 on Charlie's side of the family... all within a couple months of each other. TOO COOL!!
That's it for the secrets we've been hiding, now on to other business.
Natalia's Toy Story obsession continues. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've watched each of the movies over the last couple of weeks. Now it's become a bit of a challenge to distract her into not asking for it. We play in the kitchen to avoid the TV room, or just go out and run errands! I've tried other movies and she just asks for Toy Story the entire time. I'm probably asking for trouble, but I ordered her a Jessie doll. She has this ugly baby doll that she carries EVERYWHERE with her. It's her absolute favorite toy. It gets so filthy, and the little outfit is permanently a darker color then it started out as. I've been able to sneak other "babies" into her arms so I can get it washed, but she eventually starts asking for it again. She's even drawn all over its head too. Anyway, she adores this baby and I was thinking that if she had the Jessie doll it might replace the creepy baby. ;) And, it's plus so it'll be more washable then the baby is.
Ok, I think I've about covered it all!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment