Wednesday, December 22, 2010

More Christmas postings

I forgot to mention another Christmas activity! Last Friday Natalia and I were invited back to my old work for their Christmas lunch. It was so much fun to see everyone and just get to hang out again. They had gotten sandwiches for everyone and they were delicious. Then we did a white elephant gift exchange which turned out funny. Crista was super sweet and got my some of my favorite holiday chocolates and a gift card to Starbucks, which pretty much made me tear up a little! I was really sad leaving the office though, I really miss being there sometimes and I miss the people most of all. But, in the end I know I made the right decision to stay home with Natalia. I'm hoping to be better at getting together with them though for the occasional lunches this coming year. =)

Monday we did a half Christmas with my mom, brother, sis-in-law, and two nephews. First we ate yummy pizza, or "za" as Natalia says. It's her new favorite food, that and french fries or "fies" as she says. I couldn't get her to eat it for a long time, then one day she decided to take a bite of this stuff I was offering her and she's been hooked since. After dinner we opened presents. Natalia got a super cute outfit from my brother's family and a musical guitar. My mom got Natalia her first potty! We aren't really going to try potty training yet, but I wanted to have one out so she could at least get interested in it. She also got her favorite movie, Toy Story 2. We borrowed it a while ago from Charlie's sister and Natalia LOVED it. So it was time we got our own copy. =) On top of all that we got lots of clothes. I got a food processor which I'm super excited for. A lot of the cooking shows I watch use one so that'll be fun to use. Plus, with baby #2 I want to try making my own baby food. Hopefully we'll be more successful with baby food that way then we were with Natalia In all the excitement I totally spaced taking pictures! I was successful in remembering my camera this time, just forgot to use it. GRR! There should be lots of pictures after this weekend though. My present for Oliver seemed to be a big success. He's obsessed with Thomas the Train right now, so I made Thomas the Train PJ's for him. They didn't turn out as I had envisioned them, but I did my best. Plus I found him a Thomas the Train pillow. That was probably the cutest thing, when he opened that pillow and saw who was on it. He was hugging it and kept saying "choo choo." So fun! His birthday present will be along the same lines so I hope he likes it too.

Yesterday (Wednesday) we had lunch with a big group of my mommy friends, which we always love. We take up a big table in the back of the room at Idaho Pizza Company and just hang out eating pizza and salad. Natalia loves going because then she is surrounded by lots of little kids. We got lots of cute pictures yesterday of them too. Then last night was the BSU bowl game. Crystal and Jude stopped by and the little ones exchanged presents. Natalia got a baby doll from him, that she hasn't put down since. She keeps snuggling her and saying, "baby." It's so stinking cute. Anyway, my girlfriends Cheryl and Angie were here keeping my company during the game since Charlie was gone. The fist quarter kinda looked bad, but we came back to win it 26-3! What a nice way to end the season. Next fall we move up to the Mountain West division and will be playing some more difficult teams which will be awesome. Charlie seems to be having a lot of fun in Vegas. I'm super jealous of his trip!! He's been running into various football players at the hotel since they are staying in the same hotel as the team. I got a text when he ran into the Moore brothers, Kellan Moore is our awesome quarter back. And, another text after running into Doug Martin, I don't know his position by heart, but do know he's had some great runs the last couple of games! =)

So that's the happenings since our last post. I keep forgetting about updating some of Natalia's new stuff too. She now says "tushy" and points to her tushy when I ask her about it. She's started with her animal noises too. Her "meow" is the cutest thing you've ever heard. I'll try to get it on video sometime soon. The last three days in a row she has slept pretty great through the night (we had a rough couple of weeks during the whole ear infection debacle) and then taking one 3.5 hour nap during the day! I guess we've officially graduated to one nap a day now. I also got some funny video of her wearing her new shoes. They have little squeakers in the heel and she just loves them. When she's sad or cranky I put them on and she is immediately happy. I'll try to get that video posted this afternoon. Today should stay pretty quiet and we'll go get Charlie from the airport at 6:30pm. Then tomorrow it's Christmas Eve finally!

Ok, this post has turned into a novel. I hope I remembered everything!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor