So I didn't think I was going to get to this today, but luckily Natalia is still sleeping! I know technically we haven't hit Christmas yet, but we've had so much going on here I wanted to get started on my blog posts... plus there is still a lot more to come!
Last Wednesday was Charlie's work Christmas party. It was AWESOME! I look forward to this date night every year. This year they changed it up a bit because his company has at least doubled in size since last year. They did it at a ranch where you ride a covered wagon up to their little "old west town." At the end of the ride was a huge tent, with tons of tables, a DJ, and a bar. We had a delicious dinner and got to chat with four other couples. Then they did a casino night, we each got $2,00o in chips and they had different tables set up. Charlie of course bee lined it for the poker table. He and some other coworkers were talking smack at work all week about who would clean up. I decided this was my chance to try something new. I'm really not a gambler though. On our cruise I did some Black Jack, and that was fun because the dealers were super friendly and I didn't feel pressured into doing something. When in Vegas the most I will do is a few dollars in spare change in the slot machines... they mean serious business there so it's really too intimidating for my taste. Anyway, the dealers at our casino night were there to teach so I gave Craps a try. It was so confusing, but so much fun. I turned my $2,000 in chips into $10,600! Not enough to win a prize of course, the guy next to me won like $40,000 he he he, but it was still so fun. They had to cut the night short because of noise ordinances... would have been fun if it had lasted another hour or so. Oh well!
Saturday we did Christmas with Charlie's mom. She is leaving for Canada for two weeks today. She made us some very yummy potato soup for dinner and then we opened presents. Natalia still didn't really get into it. She was content to play with the first present she got and lost total interest in the rest. Our nephew Adam was a riot though. He REALLY likes opening presents and he didn't care who's name was on it. But, that's what I like to see! I love the excitement and enthusiasm on the little faces and am excited for Natalia to be like that next year. I made a super awesome super hero cape for Adam this year. Sometimes when he is here for taco night, he will take one of Natalia's bibs and put it on backwards and then pretend to fly around. So I thought he would get a kick of having the real thing... boy was I wrong! I know it was just the excitement of the night and the fact that I included the Chipmunks DVD in his present, but he did not want that cape! I got a cute picture the next morning though of him wearing it, so that made me happy. Natalia got a fun doll house, some clothes, and a few other toys. As usual all three of us were spoiled. I got Big Bang Theory season 3 on DVD. One of my new favorite shows. If you haven't seen it you need to! It's HILARIOUS! Just to give you a clue, it's up there with my all time favorite show Friends. That should tell you something if you know me! Anyway, we also got the board game Apples to Apples, which we love so we played a couple of rounds with the family before heading home.
Last night (Sunday night) we had a couple of my friends, and the boys they are dating, over to play games. It was the only chance we would have to get us all together before Charlie leaves for his trip. It was a lot of fun though. We played another new favorite game called Taboo with them, boys vs. girls and of course the boys won. Oh well, we'll get them sometime. I also was super busy yesterday making goodies to take to Charlie's work today. We went for a visit because they have expanded their offices once again to make room for all their new employees! Boy am I thankful that business is good for them!!
Ok, so that's the happenings thus far. Tonight is my mom's birthday dinner, plus we are opening gifts together. We usually do it Christmas Eve with them, but this year changed it up. We will still do Christmas Eve dinner with my mom's family, but because that usually runs so late and Natalia will be cranky by the time we are done there just won't be time to do gifts. So we thought we would split it up into two nights. I also made something fun for Oliver this year, and I really hope he likes it. As we have more of our events take place I will try to keep up with the posts. I forgot my camera on Saturday and didn't get any pictures of my own. But once the family puts up their pictures I will add them to my Christmas album for you all to see.
Charlie leaves us tomorrow morning for Vegas to go see Boise State play int he Maaco Bowl. I'm super jealous of his trip!! He is staying in the Venetian... not only one of the nicest hotels in Vegas but also the official hotel of the Broncos! Plus getting to be out there among all the other Boise State fans... it's going to be amazing. I'm sure he'll play lots of poker and hopefully win lots of money!! Wink wink!!
Ok, I need to get to some house cleaning before the kiddo wakes up. She's been asleep for just over two and a half hours which is a record here!
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
he calls it his Alvin cape now. I think it's a combination of it being with the movie and the big A on the back. LOL. either way he loves it now.
That and his other cousins saw it and thought it was the coolest thing ever. (which they are not allowed to touch) hehehe :)
Post a Comment