Ok, so as far as the lactose intolerance goes... I really don't think that was our problem. I mean she does get a bit gassy when she has too much dairy, and I'm usually pretty good about limiting her dairy intake anyway. That leaves us with, this is just a bad habit that we've formed. She knows that all she has to do is cry and I come running. She was doing so well before we went to Seattle, waking only once or not at all, and then when we got back it all changed. Sometimes she'll drink some milk and sometimes she wont. I really really really didn't want to have her cry it out. It just seemed so unnecessarily cruel. A couple of weekends ago I decided that Charlie would just go in every time instead of myself. Hoping that Natalia would get fed up with dada coming instead of mama. Friday night she woke up and Charlie went in, everything was good. Then as usual she woke up a couple of hours later. This time he went and got milk came back upstairs and she had stopped. So he waited to go in. She was quiet for a while and then cried a little bit again and then fell back asleep. A couple of hours later she cried again, but for like 30 seconds and was out. Same thing happened on Saturday. He went in the first time she cried and then the next couple of times she cried she settled herself down. After those two nights, I thought OK I can do this I can make her cry it out. And it seems to be working!! We've had a couple of really rough nights. But for the most part it has been a huge success. Most nights she goes to bed about 7:30pm, will wake up with a small whimper around 12:30am but settle back down after just a few seconds. Then she'll wake up around 4 or 5 am. I will go in at that point give her a sippy with some milk and rock her for a minute or two. Lay her back down with the sippy (so that she doesn't try to pull that 5am crap on me where she thought it was time to get up and play!) and then she will sleep until 7:30/8:00am! AND she has slept the ENTIRE night twice in the last two weeks since we started doing this. I should have known better and started this sooner. It worked so wonderfully for us when it came to her going to bed and nap times. She is the easiest baby to put down now because she knows how to put herself to sleep. It was just a matter of getting her to stay asleep. So now we have learned our lesson. =) I just have to hope that me leaving for Vegas on Thursday doesn't mess all this up. As for that, I'm super excited for my trip! I can't believe it's here already. I'm not really ready to leave Charlie and Natalia for three nights, but I'm ready to go have some fun with the girls!
Anyway, I probably should go do my elliptical for a few minutes and jump in the shower while Natalia is napping.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment