Miss Natalia is a walking machine. Ok, well she hasn't stopped crawling yet... but she does walk around a lot. She gets so excited when she's almost to you that sometimes she will lose her focus and fall again. I've had a cold sore over the last week which has been pretty awful, but what makes it worse is I can't kiss my baby! I'm so worried about spreading the virus to her that I am probably being overly caution, but better safe then sorry.
I've made a couple of new things. I made a super fuzzy blanket for Natalia, and a ribbon board to hold bows on. I had been admiring this fabric at Craft Warehouse for months. It's so soft but they want $14 a yard!! Yeah right! Anyway, I was there a couple of weeks ago and noticed they had the small sections on sale for $4. And, they just happen to have two sections of the adorable Lady bug material. So I got two other sections that matched. So much cheaper this way! I also used leftover red material from my Project Runway dress to make little triangles to peek out around the edges. I hope she loves the blanket.
Three weeks from Thursday I will be off to Las Vegas!! I'm going with three other girlfriends for some "me" time. I'm so excited. It will be so hard to leave my little family for three nights. Luckily for Charlie my mom is going to be helping him out a lot while I'm gone. I'm so excited to just sleep for a solid amount of time and sleep in!! Not to mention just laying by the pool and relaxing! Cheryl got us an amazing deal on some tickets for one of the Cirque Du Soleil shows. It'll be a fun time!! Now if only I could lose the last of my baby weight! I'm about 7lbs shy of my pre pregnancy weight and would like to finally be done with it. I've been working out every other day, and trying to eat a little less junk food. But, with this cold I'm not doing as great. Hopefully I'll be able to do it.
My friend Amy is moving to Alaska after this week to be with her boyfriend Ryan. It makes me sad to see her go, but I know she will be so happy to be there and be with him. We had a fun goodbye weekend with her. Saturday we had dinner and then went to see a dollar movie. Sunday we all went to a Hawks game. Yesterday we watched the Bachelorette together, and today she is coming over for a visit and to say goodbye to Natalia and me. Nothing too out of the ordinary as far as events go, but it was a really fun weekend.
Charlie and I found out that one of our favorite restaurants, The Melting Pot, is closing! We don't go often because it's so expensive, but it was our go to place for special occasions. Darn it!! So thankfully my mom is going to come babysit for us on Friday so we can go there one last time.
Well I think that about wraps up the latest and greatest.

No comments:
Post a Comment