Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Home of the Free, because of the Brave

Memorial weekend was a busy one for us. I did so much cleaning, food shopping, and food prep these last few days... all for one big event! I can't believe it's here already. Natalia's 1st Birthday... I seriously tear up when I think about it. It's gone by so fast, and it's been a very amazing year.

A HUGE Thanks to my two girlfriends Amy and Cheryl who gave up their afternoons yesterday and came to help me food prep. I wouldn't have been able to do it without them. We got all the hamburger pattys ready, some cute Ladybug candy and Ladybug fruit made, pasta salad made, and all the veggie toppings for the burgers cut.

Today I have to get all the cupcakes baked, her ladybug cake baked, drop off balloon at Zurchers, finish laundry, and about a dozen other things. All while taking care of miss Natalia.

There's a 40% of rain tomorrow, pray for no rain!!! UGH!

Tonight I'm going to a concert with my friends. It's Carrie Underwood!!! One of my all time favorite artists. Funny how I say I don't like country, but my top 3 favorites are considered country. Super excited though. Last time she came to town I was in Florida with my friends... not complaining, that was one of the best trips I've ever gone on hands down. =)

In all of this busyness, we can't forget why we have Memorial Day. We are grateful to those who've made the sacrifice so that we get to spend this time with our family and friends. Thank you to all the people; past, present, and future, who are serving the country.

Ok, tomorrow's the big day. I'm hoping to post a special "birth"day post for Natalia. I want to get written down what went on exactly one year ago for her. So that someday she can look back and read about her birth story. No gory details of course. =)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor