Friday, June 18, 2010

Gender Predictions

So as stated in my last post my brother and his wife were going to get an ultra sound done on their new baby. I watched Oli for the morning (which is another story!) and off they went.

Let's start with this. You know those people that can predict the gender of a baby and have never been wrong? Well I'm the opposite.... I'm always wrong. So if you ask me, and I saw one way, it will be the other! What's really strange is that for a long long time I thought this little baby was going to be a boy, and then about two weeks ago changed my mind and said it was a girl. Well guess what? I have a NEPHEW on the way!!! Another gorgeous little boy, who if he looks just like Oli, will have big beautiful brown eyes, super long eye lashes and the most beautiful lips you've ever seen. =) I'm super excited for another snuggly little baby. My grandma was/is one of those people that can predict though. She has only ever been wrong once, and it was with me. he he he. She said I was having a boy, and I believed her because I knew she was never wrong. Well, Natalia proved her wrong! =) Boy am I happy she was wrong though because I love my beautiful little girl very much.

So that morning Oliver came over at 9am. Natalia was due for a nap around 9:30am. I thought it would be simple since the day before Ashlee had no problems putting Natalia down with Oli being there. Ha! So we go upstairs, I put up the baby gate so I can keep my eye on Oli while rocking Natalia. She started freaking out because she knew that it was nap time and she wanted to keep playing. And, since she was crying Oliver started crying. He didn't like whatever it was I was doing to his cousin to make her cry! So I ended up having to just lay Natalia down in her crib and she probably whimpered for a minute or two and then was out. I took Oliver downstairs and put in Lilo and Stitch and he immediately cheered up. It's his all time favorite... which works out because it is one of my as well. He would give me funny looks when I would quote the movie, as if to say hey you know this too?

Once Derek and Ashlee came back from their appointment, they were all mysterious. They wouldn't say a word as to what they found out! It was pure torture because I wasn't sure when we would find out. So anyway, we all had dinner that night with my mom. Ashlee made some yummy cookies and had dyed them blue and then covered them with fudge so we couldn't see the inside. They put the cookies down on the table. My mom had no idea what was going on and was taking her sweet time, she kept trying to just break the cookie open. So, even though I wasn't finished eating my dinner, I grabbed a cookie and took a huge bite! I was dying to know and was getting impatient!

So that's the big news! Tomorrow Natalia and I are going to Raegans first birthday! She was born about 3 weeks after Natalia. Her mama is a friend of mine from the sorority (and she was my little sis). Then Sunday is Father's day. I think we are going to do a picnic at the park to celebrate. =)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor