What a busy weekend we've had! This is going to be a long blog, just to warn you! Friday afternoon Charlie came home from work early and we put our new bikes to work. It was really beautiful out we had to do a quick loop around the neighborhood. Natalia loved riding in her little seat and even left her helmet on the whole time. She would get mad if Charlie left her line of sight though. It was pretty cute!
Then my two friends Amy and Cheryl came over to decorate our shirts for the race.
We drew all over the shirts and put lots of sayings on them to make them our own. On mine I wrote the saying "Find a cure before she needs a bra" across the bottom in back and then glued a picture of Natalia next to it. That night Natalia and I had a bit of a rough night. I'm not sure if she is still cutting more teeth or what but it's been tough here. After a total of four hours of sleep, and not consecutive... I got up at 5:30am Saturday morning to get ready for the race. Boy was I exhausted!!! After getting everything loaded up and waking a super exhausted Natalia we were off to pick up my family. By 8:10am we were down at the race and met up with Cheryl and Amy. It was soo crowded there. I think the news said there were approx 16,000 people participating in the race. We decided that since we were down there we might as well walk the 5K instead of the 1Mile race. When they started the runners there was a lot of cheering and it scared Natalia, she started just bawling! I felt really bad so I got her out of the stroller and carried her for about a 1/3 of the race! I'm not used to carrying her around that much now. At home she would rather be down on the floor playing. So today my arms are super sore! He he he. Anyway, after a while she let me put her back in the stroller and she fell asleep for the remainder of the race. It was a lot of fun and neat to see so many people turn up for such a great cause. It was also very very sad to see how many people have been affected by breast cancer in way or another. Some people had In Memory of on the shirts, meaning they lost someone to it. We are so blessed that my mom's was caught so early. After the race we came home and had a quick lunch and then crashed. Natalia slept for two and a half hours!! Thank goodness because I was able to get an almost two hour nap in there and a nice hot shower. Then it was off to my next activity. Charlie was a super sweet husband and stayed home with Natalia so I could go out. I went to Cheryl's house to do our This Is It Party. Like I said any excuse we can come up with to dress up we go for it. We all did our part in dressing like Michael Jackson and we watched the movie. Cheryl also made us a fantastic dinner with a very delicious lasagna! We took tons of fun pictures and danced to MJ's greatest hits. It was a blast. The movie is really good too. It follows him in rehearsals leading up to the tour he was preparing for right before his death. It would have been an amazing concert. So then last night was another super rough night. I got maybe 5 hours of sleep with that little stinker. I actually broke down and cried a little with her, because I'm really lost as to what's going on. I can't seem to see or feel any other teeth cutting through like I could with the two she has now. My next step is to change her diet and see if it's something bothering her tummy. My poor sweet baby.
Today was my very first Mother's Day! Last year I was 9 months pregnant and just a couple weeks shy of having Natalia. So I missed out. =( Today was great though! Charlie let me sleep in, which was nice after a long night. While I was asleep he took Natalia and got us doughnuts for breakfast. A glazed doughnut was actually my very first craving when I was pregnant. He also took her to go pick out a card and he picked up my two newspapers for me. When I woke up he had already put her down for her morning nap too!! That is a HUGE success! She's been getting much better at letting him put her to bed without me, but I wasn't sure how she would handle him putting her down for a nap. I'm so excited that it worked because it will be nice to have him be able to do that on the weekends now. I opened my presents while she was sleeping. My card was super sweet and Charlie even had her "sign" it. I got New Moon on DVD and a gift card to Two Rives, which I will be putting towards a manicure/pedicure. We also did a small meal with each of our mom's and families to celebrate with them as well.
So it's been a busy weekend, and I'm pooped! But, seriously when am I not pooped? He he he. As I'm writing this Charlie is hard at work building Natalia's brand new swing set! I'm super excited for that. She loved the swings at the park, and now we can just swing in our backyard. I'm ready for this nice weather to just stick around. It sounds like it's going to be pretty crappy the next few days though. UGH! Well I think that's most of it. Tuesday is my birthday. Stay tuned for a special blog that day! I've posted links to my photo albums from all our activities this weekend! The 11 months albums also has a few new pictures.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment