Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day Light Savings

I've been dreading today. I've heard so many horror stories of the time change messing with babies schedules. And, Natalia is such a schedule baby. After watching her ques for the past few months, it's so easy for me to tell when she's hungry or tired now. Especially after having that crappy month of her being sick, now her naps/meals/bedtime happen like clock work. Anyway, I thought for sure losing that hour today would mess her up... So far so good though. Knock on wood! She woke up around her usual time this morning, went down for her morning/afternoon naps around the normal time. And, bedtime went without a hitch! Lucky us!

Now for the fact that she is such an early bird is beyond me. I am (or was before I went without so much sleep) a night owl. Don't even get me started on how much I hated mornings. But for some reason my child has decided she is all about going to bed early. We used to do bedtime around 9pm and that slowly has worked its way up to 6:30/7:00pm. She would just get so cranky, and we have discovered that the early bedtime is all she wanted. Some nights when we have dinner with family we push it to later just so that we have more time with family, but we pay for it on the way home. She screams the whole way there because she is cranky and trapped in her car seat. I pay for it too because rather then waking up just her one time, she'll wake up three to four times. And still wake up her normal time in the morning. So a normal night for us is early bed time. Which is also nice because then Charlie and I get some time for just us each night. I just find it so funny that I've been thrown into being an early bird by my child. I actually don't hate mornings all that much anymore... who could when you have a happy smiling baby waiting for you in her crib. =)

If any of you were wondering about how it's going with her food. Quick recap, I was STRUGGLING to get her to eat solids. She wanted just her bottle and was waking up a lot at night to eat. I know part of that now was that while she was sick she just didn't want to eat food. Now though, she is such a good eater. She still won't touch her baby food veggies. I will mix a couple of spoon fulls of that into her bottles to make sure she's getting them though. She does however love to eat cooked Broccoli and still loves that avocado. She will eat just about anything I'm eating too. The other day at lunch I had chicken strips and fries. So I cut open a fry and scraped out the insides and she gobbled that down. And, she tried chicken for the first time and ate a ton of it. I just took little tiny pieces of the insides of the strips for her. She gets mad if we don't share what we are eating with her. Which is tough because she still doesn't have teeth. But, anything I think she can gum I give to her. I also gave her some tiny pieces of noodles and carrots from my soup once, and even noodles from spaghetti. I know part of our problem now wasn't that she wasn't eating enough during the day so she was starving at night... I had to think of it the opposite way, she was eating too much at night and so wasn't hungry during the day. So I started giving her just four ounces each time she woke up instead of letting her eat as much as she wanted, and it made a HUGE difference. So yeah we're down to just once a night. I'm ok with that!

Last night the STRANGEST thing happened. Charlie and I had just gotten settled into bed and were both about to fall asleep when all the sudden the fire alarm in our bedroom went off! It rang for a few seconds and then shut off. We both jumped out of bed and started checking around wondering what the heck?!?!?! We looked around the house, but nothing. Luckily it didn't wake Natalia. We have fan in her room for white noise that helps block a lot of noise outside her room. Anyway, so we got settled back into bed and calmed down and a couple minutes later it went off again! Same thing, just a few seconds long and shut off. Not even beeps like when the batteries are low... full on went off. And, just the one in our bedroom none of the others went off. Seriously creeped me out! Charlie being the calm one as usual (good thing!) calmed me down though, and eventually were able to fall asleep without it happening again. SOOOO WEIRD!

Ok now that my blog has turned into a novel... I'm going to go downstairs and cut my coupons from my newspapers today! =)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor