Well, now that she is down for a nap I'll take these few minutes to update... We got back from Texas on Monday and have been trying to get back into our routine. She was super clingy the last couple of days, so it was hard to get anything done. It was a great trip, way too short though.
Friday morning we left around 10am to go get Steph and get to the airport. During check in Charlie then realized he had forgotten his ID! So while Steph and I went through security he went back home to get it. (Thanks to Debra and John who helped out!!) Anyway security was a breeze since we've done this before. Our flights were to Salt Lake and then onto Dallas. Natalia refused to sleep the whole way. And, let me tell you she is one squirmy kiddo! I had to hold her the whole time too because my seat had the extra oxygen mask for her. It was exhausting. We arrived in Dallas around 6pm, but then had to rent a car to drive to Wichita Falls. It took about an hour to get that set up and on our way. The drive takes around two hours plus we stopped for dinner. So finally around 10pm we were there. We just visited for a while and then it was off to bed. Natalia hated her pack and play that night and cried a lot so she ended up sleeping in the bed with Charlie and I. I actually really enjoyed it, but normally at home she thinks it's play time when I try to do that. I think she was just so tired and scared of the new surroundings that she was willing to snuggle with mama. On Saturday we got up ate some breakfast and then went out to get Natalia some cowgirl boots. Grandma Hodges stayed with Natalia while she napped, but when she woke up she was a TERROR! Silly girl had a melt down and cried and cried. When we got the call we rushed back home and the poor thing was hyperventilating from her crying. I hate when she does that, it just breaks my heart. So I got her all calmed down and we just played on the floor and then played cards with the family the rest of the afternoon. Aunt Vicki made us a very delicious dinner that night. Afterwards we all went back to the Grandparents house so I could put Natalia to bed and we could play more cards. Can you tell the theme of the weekend?? CARDS! =) We played Hand and Foot and Shanghai Rummy all the time. Sunday was a lot of the same, food and cards. Natalia was doing great by then and had we been there another day I think she would have been OK being alone with them without her mommy. It was just that first day that freaked her out. We all went out to lunch that day as a treat. Monday morning we had breakfast and then had to pack up and head out. A two hour drive awaited us again. The flight back to Salt Lake went better then before because I was able to stand up at the back of the plane and rock her to sleep. So she slept for 40 minutes or so. But, then we got to Salt Lake and she was pooped and wouldn't sleep. Our flight there was delayed, and I was getting antsy to get home. Luckily no one was sitting next to me of the flight so Charlie was able to move seats and help me out with her. There was a baby boy Natalia's age sitting directly behind us and they were so cute. He would lean forward and put his hands on the seat and she would lean over me and put her hands on his. There was a lot of baby gibberish and squeals between them too. Finally we were home at 7pm, and let me tell you I've never been so happy to be home. I was so EXHAUSTED from Natalia.
So these last couple of days have been a little lazy trying to get back into the swing of things and getting all our laundry done. Natalia had a horrible night Monday night because of the lack of naps. Then on Tuesday night she had a great night and I was very grateful. Last night was back to the same old same old. She has this horrible habit of waking up and then not wanting to go back to sleep after she eats. So I'm up for an hour or two trying to coax her back to sleep only to have her wake up again just a couple of hours later to eat again. It's rough. (Charlie got a nice taste of it while in Texas since she slept in the room with us he he he) I know part of the problem is that she isn't eating enough during the day so she's waking up starving at night, but I am struggling to get her to eat during the day. She's not a fan of the baby food and usually spits it at me. We've tried it all too, even fruits haven't been successful. She wants what I'm eating but doesn't have the teeth for it yet. I was eating apple slices yesterday and she wanted it so I gave her one and she had it gripped in her hand and kept putting her mouth on it to taste it but of course couldn't actually eat it. Or, she just wants a bottle all the time, and formula alone isn't going to fill her up anymore. So until I can figure something out, or her teeth come in... we're stuck.
Something I've been working on her with is giving kisses. It's so cute. I say, "give mama kisses" and she leans her face into my cheek and slobbers it up! But, it's still super sweet. Sometimes I can get her to do it on other people too. I just love it.
I added a link to our Texas pictures on the facebook photo albums. Check out her pink boots! =)
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment