Tuesday, January 5, 2010

7 months old and a new year

Can you believe that Natalia is now 7 months old? I know I can't. She is growing so fast and changing daily, I just love this stage.... of course I don't really love the teething. =) But, I do love how animated she is now. She practically sits by herself, and prefers to be sitting while playing rather than laying down. She smiles, laughs, and is constantly babbling. We started her on baby food, and I think she is sick of the veggies already. She spits them out at me if I try to feed them to her. I've been able to get away with her eating them by freezing it into cubes and then putting it in a mesh feeder. She makes a HUGE mess but manages to get some of it in her mouth while soothing her sore gums. I think it might be time to move on to fruits. I love how she just snuggles up to her Pooh Bear in her bed at nap time and bed time. It's so stinking cute. I also really love how happy she is when she wakes up from a good nap and how excited she is to see me peek over the crib. She has been attempting to user her walker she got for Christmas but most of the time she thinks she is supposed to jump in it like her other toys. Switch is in so much trouble once she becomes mobile. She just adores him and "talks" to him all the time. Charlie and I keep listening for her to say Mama or Dada. There are times where I think she says one or the other, but nothing definite yet.

New Years Eve didn't bring much excitement. We just had a quiet night at home, there was a huge snow storm that night. When Natalia went to bed we watched The Hangover. It wasn't as funny as we had expected it to be. Then on New Years day it was a busy day with taking down all the Christmas Decorations.

Last night was The Fiesta Bowl. We are huge Bronco fans here, Charlie and I both graduated from Boise State. We wanted to have people over to watch the game, but were afraid our loud cheering would keep Natalia up. So she spent the night with my mom last night. It was her first night away from home... and it was really tough for me! I was excited to get a full nights sleep, but still managed to wake up four or five times thinking it was too quiet and why hadn't she woken me up yet! She did great at my moms though. I was worried she would be cranky when she realized Mama wasn't coming to hold her. (She's going through a phase right now where if Charlie tries to help me out at night and feed her/ get her back to sleep she will cry and cry until I come to get her... although during the day she just loves her Dada and gets so excited to see him come home from work) Anyway, it was a crazy game!! We played against TCU and won 17-10! TCU is the only team to beat us in the last two years when we played them in the Poinsettia Bowl last year. (16-17) So this was a big important game for us. I was a nervous wreck the whole game and kept "walking around like a crazy woman" according to Charlie. He he he. It was so much fun though and we are proud Broncos!

Sunday is Oliver's 2nd birthday! Last year he was in the hospital on his first birthday, so we didn't get to have an real celebration for him. So it'll fun to be able to do something this time around and be able to celebrate more then just a birthday with him. =) Then in a week and a half we will be on our way to Texas! Can't believe it's already almost here, but we are so excited to go down there.

Took some fun pictures of the Ladybug, just click on the albums to the right of my blog posts. =)

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor