Christmas Eve: Charlie had to work a half day so he was gone in the morning. So Natalia and I got up and after eating I took some fun pictures of her in her reindeer robe in front of the tree. She is getting so good at sitting by herself now. She would grab for the presents though. I had to sort through all the gifts under the tree and create piles of where each where going to go. Then Charlie came home and we got us all ready and loaded up for our first family visit. Natalia wore an adorable dress my mom bought her that came with a hat, it was pretty funny. So first stop was my mom's house to open presents with her, My brother and his family. Derek had to work that night, so we wanted to make sure we spent time with him before he left. We opened gifts... and opened gifts... and opened gifts... and by the time we were all done there were HUGE piles! My mom went a little nuts with the grand kids! Not to mention she spoiled us too. Natalia was fun to watch open gifts. She didn't really understand what was going on, but if we started to tear the paper for her she would grab at the paper and tear it more. Only because she wanted the paper though! I got lots of new clothes that actually fit, which I'm super excited for. Natalia got lots of clothes and toys, and story books from Derek/Ashlee/Oliver. Then we quickly ate a small meal with Derek so that he could be off for work. After that it was time to go to my aunt's house. My mom's family has their get together on Christmas Eve. We have a huge dinner, and a few presents for my Grandma and the little ones. Natalia got to sit in a chair that hooks to the table, and she got a huge kick out of that one. She loved sitting next to Charlie and just being a part of the festivities. She was hilarious that night too. Anytime someone laughed she would laugh. Everything and anything was funny to her. She was being super silly and doing all kinds of stuff for attention. She got a couple more gifts from my aunts which she really seemed to love. And, then it was time to go home. It was way past her bed time, so she fell asleep in the car, and when we got home went right to bed. After getting her settled, Charlie and I went ahead and did our Christmas with each other. I was super excited for him to open one of his presents. He has this pair of old grungy shoes that he's had forever, and he always talks about how they are his comfiest pair of shoes. And, I know that sometimes when he is looking for new shoes he looks for something similar to those, but never finds them. Well, I looked online for them and found them! So I got him a brand new pair of these shoes. I really think he was happy to see them! He got me some clothes that I had asked form, I desperately needed new pants. And, a couple of kitchen things I wanted.
Christmas day: Natalia woke me up super early! I guess it's good practice... never going to get to sleep in on Christmas day anyway. He he he. I had to get some meat in marinade anyway for my dad's dinner, so it worked out. Our first stop was Charlie's mom. We had a huge breakfast there, I look forward to this breakfast every year! Always lots of yummy food, and I always get stuffed. Then we opened our stockings. She also went crazy on the grand kids and spoiled them. Natalia got her first Cabbage Patch doll! What's funny is that Charlie's mom didn't realize what the dolls name was until she was paying for it, and it's Isabel, Natalia's middle name (but spelled different)! It was meant to be I guess. By this time Natalia was getting a little cranky because she had missed her morning nap, and we had to head out to get to Charlie's dads house. So we loaded up and went there for lunch. Luckily Natalia fell asleep and slept the whole way there and for almost an hour while we ate etc. Charlie's dad got us plane tickets to Texas to go see his family. We really wanted to take Natalia to see her Great grand parents so it was all we had asked for. We made some pizzas there and ate them, and they were pretty tasty! Natalia also got a Longhorns t-shirt to wear from her grandpa. I'm thinking we might need to get her some cowgirl boots too while we are in Texas! ;) So then it was time to get home so I could start cooking dinner for my dad. Natalia went down for another nap while I made dinner. We had baked potatoes and steak! Derek, Ashlee, and Oliver also came over to spend some time with my dad too. I'm super excited for what he got us, digital picture frames! I'll be working on loading pictures on ours tomorrow while Charlie is watching football. Oliver got a huge kick out of playing with some of Natalia's toys it was pretty funny. She slept all the way through dinner, just over two hours! When she woke up we had her open a couple of gifts in front of my dad so he could see how she just tore at the paper. I got her this super cute hat off Etsy that has little ears on them. She posed for some pictures in her little hat. Once my dad had gone we had her open her stocking from us. I just put a sippy cup in there for her to start to play with and get used to. Also a new teether, and new clips for her binky.
All in all we got spoiled like I said. Our families were way too generous this year. We are so very blessed to have family close to us to spend our holiday with. It's so nice to get to see everyone and spend time with everyone. I loved getting to spend our first Christmas as a family together. Natalia was super animated, and the laughing thing was a first. I know she wont remember this someday, but we took a lot of pictures to show her! I'm not going to post them all individually here, there are over a 100! So I'll post a link to my facebook album instead. (look to the right under the about me section, I've created a link section for all her photos).
I can't believe this year is about to come to an end. It's been the most amazing year of my life. This time last year I was 4 months pregnant and looking forward to becoming a mommy and what 2009 was going to bring us. Not to mention my nephew Oliver was still sick and little did we know that within days of 2009 starting he was going to get a new liver from his daddy. I still can't get over that it's almost been a year since we were in Utah praying for that little guy and just doing a lot of waiting around at that hospital. It seems like a lifetime ago, and now he is so big and just a normal toddler. Another blessing in our life! Our little miracle baby that's for sure. =) I'm looking forward to 2010 and all our new adventures. Natalia is going to be crawling before we know it. We'll have to start baby proofing the house here soon. My New Years Resolution is to of course lose the last of the baby weight, and to spend some more alone time with Charlie. Sometimes we forget to have our date nights, and we really need to work on that!
Well I think that about sums up our holiday. Sorry it's so long!!

Here is one picture that my sister in law took of Natalia in her walker at Grandma Debra's house, it's not in my facebook album and I think it's super cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment