Saturday, September 10, 2016

June insta update

Hello world.  Yes we are still here.  Tonight is the first Boise State home game of the season against WSU.  My bestie cheryl had extra tickets and seeing as how I'm sick with a really crappy sinus infection I sent Charlie off with a friend to use the tickets.  So I'm home watching the game (kiddos sound asleep) and I think hmm I wonder how long it's been since I updated the blog.  OOPS.  Last insta update I did was May.  Still not done with Hawaii blogs.  So I'm way further behind than I've ever been!  So hopefully I can get caught up here a little tonight.
**my Thirty-One business has been super successful and every bit of time I had left over (which wasn't much let's face it) is now put towards that.  So That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  If you are curious about Thirty-One (party, product, selling etc)  let me know! ha ha
June 1st was our nephew Dyson's 3rd birthday!  I got this picture off of Timehop.  I had gone to see him in the hospital and just holding him made my uterus ache.  ha ha ha.  My family laughed at me and said you could tell by my smile in this I was baby hungry.  Low and behold I was pregnant with Quinton not much longer after this.  ;) 
 ha

First official speech therapy session on the books. Today we were given a few signs to work with him on to help him communicate. He already does "more" and will do "please" if it involves fruit snacks. So now we're are supposed to work on eat/food, drink, and thank you.
Book fair goodies. Got away with spending way less this time!! Tried my hardest o get Lydia to pick something different. But no she just had to choose the little mouse. Ha.
Quick stop at DQ to order Natalia's ice cream cake for family party Saturday. Naturally we had to have a treat.
Family movie night and this guy is captivated. As soon as we said we were watching this he ran upstairs to get his book that he chose from the book fair.  It's fun to watch him attach to Star Wars (and I swear we didn't push it, it just happened on its own!) 
Two Elsa's one pair of Elsa shoes, so they share.  Good compromize
We were at Dyson's birthday party, just the two of us.  Natalia had a friend birthday to attend and Quinton was napping so Charlie stayed home.  It was fun to give her some one on one attention.  And she got these cute glasses in the goodie bag.  
Matching the emoji
He didn't like having the glasses on.  So I captioned this one "when the Bachelorette chooses the meat head over the nerd"  ha ah ah
Once again I am beyond grateful for Pioneer Elementary and Natalia's amazing teacher. These last 10 days are tough on the kids knowing other kids are out of school. It's the only time of the year where I'm bummed we are year round, otherwise I really love it. Anyway they took out all the desks/chairs and are doing Camp Learn A lot these last days. I got to go in today and help with a painting project after they'd learned about different kinds of bears. Seriously amazed.
Sister accidentally woke him from his nap early. He was a super grump but then fell back asleep on my lap. Now I'm going to have to wake him to go get Natalia from school. Ha ha ha. At least I got some extra snuggle time from him
I spy with my little eye, my first little bloom!!!! I did it, I kept the pepper plant a live! Ha ha ha. Super mom-keeps children and pepper plants. Ha ha ha
Downstairs and upstairs current temps. I got the down stairs to cool a bit with fans. Soonest we can get service is Friday. Awesome sauce.
5am wake up call and no AC.
A little nail painting sesh with Lydia and she says "mommy I know you and daddy are the same number (referring to us both being 35) but why is daddy the biggest human?" Ha ha ha
My mama is the best mama/grandma. We have a busy weekend with Charlie in a wedding and me with my 31 parties. She's staying with us to help out. Do you see how happy my babies are with her at Costco???
Silly goof balls.  Pretending Natalia is a chair.  After dinner jump sesh before bed
Because of my success in Thirty-One I got to join a few gals for dinner with Janet Kincaid (the founder of Jewel Kade and now JK by 31 jewelry)  it was awesome.  And I got to be there with my sisters in law.  
Field day yesterday! Thankful it was a beautiful day that day, the very next day was cold and rainy! 
How cute is this??? Got it from Natalia's class/teacher for volunteering this year. "Thanks for giving us your Thyme" so cute! The whole class signed it too. Going to transfer it to our garden when it's a bit bigger= which sadly it died shortly after and never made it out to the garden.  DOH 
After much convincing I got Charlie to agree to new couches downstairs.  Our previous couches were an awesome deal I got on Craigslist when we first moved in.  But the were peeling and cracking and really not comfortable.  I went with Cheryl to a bunch of furniture stores and found my top three choices and then on a date night when my mom was in town took Charlie to look at those top three.  These were the ones he liked best and I'm so glad he agreed to get them.  They were delivered bright and early a few days later.  The kids LOVE them, and so do I.  The are HUGE and take up a lot more of our living room downstairs, but they are so comfortable and so soft.  The pillows are  hideous but whatevs.  Thank you daddy for spoiling us! 
End of year teacher gift is ready. Summer fun kit- beach towel, water jug, bottle of water, sunscreen, magazines, candy, gum and super cute tote. Sad that she won't have Mrs Moos anymore. She is a fantastic teacher!!!
Ready for the end of the year!  
My big girl is done with 1st grade and ready to be a 2nd grader!
First day/last day comparison. She hasn't grown much taller but she definitely lost her baby face. 😭 I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. I'm so excited to see what new things second grade brings! This girl loves to read and I'm so happy for that! 
Last day with Mrs. Moos.  I actually teared up a little saying goodbye.  She is just one of those teachers.  
Bag from outlet sale didn't make it for her bday (expected) but came in time for last day of school!! She picked this out and is so happy with it
Our garden is taking!  
Happy Father's Day to this guy. I had the intention of making a photo collage with all his babies and then found this one and thought it was perfect because it had puppa. And we still miss him. Thank you for taking care of us and always making sure we have way more than we need. For giving us a good life. We love you to the moon and back.
The girls had been asking to see this.  So I said to Charlie, "hey daddy can we take you on a family movie date for Father's day?" he of course said yes.  So that's what we did.  Cute movie!
Happy Father's Day to my daddy!! Love you to the moon and back. Thank you for everything you do, for raising is, for providing for us growing up. For always being a good example.
Happy Father's Day to my father in law and to Grandpa Hodges too!! Four generations of Hodges in one photo! Quinton has a lot of great men to follow! We love you to the moon and back!
-We get to go back next month (October) to visit.  =)
Went to get the girls pool out of the garage to set it up.  Low and behold it was missing the caps to cover the holes where you fill it with air.  Um... what?  No idea how I would have lost those!  So we filled up Quintons little pool and they all got in.  And it was freezing (thus Quintons face)
New pool for the girls!  It has a little bench in it and they love jumping off of it.  The water hadn't even had a chance to warm up and they were right to it! 
This girl.  Seriously. 
Went down to the river to collect rocks.  I wanted to have the kids paint them and make markers for our garden. 
Yes that's a picture of my coffee. Why? Because today I let a gal go infront of me in the drive through. And then she paid for my coffee! So I in turn paid for the person behind me.#kindnessmatters
Dance pictures!!! Ugh. Natalia has her sleepy eye look and super fake smile. Lydia's smile is classic Charlie as a kid fake smile. Ha ha. Darn. But those little dancers are my favorite despite the fake smiles!
Peppers!!! They are coming in strong now! And our finished rocks, spray painted with a protective seal. Just need to sit for another hour or so and then add them to our garden
I have the best kid ever. Seriously. Not only did she go and spend birthday money on her sister and brother (again) yesterday so they could get a toy too. But then she goes and makes me "a book" and it has sweet messages inside.
I posted this on a significant day that only certain members of our family would understand.  I have to leave it at that.  But #neverforgotten
Rode our bikes over to Relay For Life last night and hung with the family. Must have been having too much fun because I really didn't take any photos! And wasn't my coffee lid so so fitting last night?#kindnessmatters is kind of a big deal in our family
Doggy sitting for my brothers family. Bittersweet. Last time we watched her Switch was here and they would sit below Quinton for scraps and it was hilarious. But even just one day in and the kids are so enjoying having a dog around again.
"poker face"
Charlie went to a bachelor party in Jackpot and brought these home.
Look at that ADORABLE face!
Look what bubba chose all on his own to watch and snuggle. It's funny because I don't think I've tried to really expose him to Star Wars instead he kind of just picked up on it on his own. Which of course we love. And I'm happy to watch this over more Mighty Machines.
Signing "More" after Star Wars ended.  
Giving this grocery pick up a try. Brought Snoopy along for the ride. Kids thought that was hilarious
Last minute trip to Roaring Springs with my bug.  Her pass she earned at school was about to expire so we had Grandma Debra come watch brother and sister so we could go.  It was HOT, the lines were long, but we had a blast
Having fun with Grandma at home while we were gone. 
Won a couple of baskets at the Relay For Life silent auction. Lydias came with four Minne Mouse plates.... That she has decided to give one to her sister, one to her cousin Cypress, and one to her cousin Jocelyn
Training for his gold medal in foam pit jumping
Loving his gymnastics class we do.  Jumps in, climbs out, signs "more" and jumps in and repeat.  
Summer time fun
CRAZY eyes.  She FINALLY let Aunt Steph pull her second loose tooth out.  After it being lose forever and us begging her to let us pull it.  Took a lot of bribes, but it happened.  
Tooth Fairy left a two dollar bill.  She made out like a bandit with her tooth fairy money and her bribe money.  ;)
I went downstairs to make my lunch. Came back up and didn't see Quinton. So I asked the girls where bubba went. He was tucked behind the cushion fast asleep. Ha ha ha. from where I was standing I couldn't see him back there! So I risked moving him to his crib. He slept for maybe 45 min and then fell back asleep on my lap


And with that June is DONE!  WOOO.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor