Saturday, July 2, 2016

May insta Update

Ok, yes it's now July and I'm just now getting May's blog done.  Ha.  And I've yet go blog about Hawaii.  But guess what? I've accepted the fact that I'm perpetually behind on my blogs, and I'm behind on my birthday books for the kids.  At least I acknowledge that right?  This last week or so though, I've been working on it all here and there and I plan on being all caught up by the end of summer. And the girls are going to my mom's for a week in July, so it'll be just me and Quinton... holy crap that will be weird... so I'm planning on getting a lot of blogging/books and cleaning done that week.  =)
Without further ado, May's Instagram photos:

We got this little outdoor patio set from Charlie's dad when we first moved into this house.  I'm not sure how long they had it before giving it to us... but the seat cushions were in bad shape.  Last summer I had wanted to replace them, but never got around to it.  So this summer before it got too hot out I decided to go ahead and recover them.  I got laminated fabric from Hobby Lobby with a coupon and they turned out pretty good.  Now I almost wish I had spray painted the metal too, just to really give it an updated look!
This is so so me.  Every. Single. Day.  I bawled watching a video of Natalia the other day.  She was so teeny and had the most precious voice and giggle.  And she's already seven.  UGH!
Mouth wide open when there is no binky. One week binky free! We've survived and it's time to celebrate
So, just to prove I'm a super dork I went ahead and posted this on May fourth.  Because it's Star Wars day.  May the Fourth be with you.  yeah, super dork.  And there's Natalia in the back sticking her tongue out photobombing
Working on the chair covers.  GROSS.  they were in serious need of some cleaning up and updating.  That black flaky stuff was NASTY.  
Spent the evening watching our favorite first grade in her music program. They were so cute and did so well!!! So thankful for our school and the teachers and all the time they put into these program
TGIF. I have a to do list a page long and growing. I'm drinking my last Dr Pepper in the house and I dropped my Hawaii Starbucks cup and it has a huge chunk broken and a crack (thankfully not leaking and still useable) May is a busy busy month for us. I'm tired. And btw must I turn 35 next week? Can I just stay 34? Ugh
Kind of obsessed with these little cups of Guacamole from Costco.  So yummy and good serving size (or two if you're me) without browning.  
One of the best things about them growing up is when they bring home mothers day projects from school. Seriously started crying reading it.
Perfecting their chopstick skills.  They love trying to eat with chopsticks. 
We had tons of family in town for my Grandma's birthday/mother's day.  So we had a family bowling outing.  And these two chose these outfits.  Princess bowling at it's finest. 
Quinton LOVED bowling, and thought everyone's turn should be his turn.  Thankfully my cousins were good sports and let him go a lot.  ha ha ha
This boy.  Those dimples.  It's a good thing he's cute. 
A ton of family over for a fun night of pupusa making.  YUM
Girls are getting spoiled with some extra grandma time. She's staying with us this weekend instead of my grandma (her house is full with more family). How lucky are we to have grandma/my mom with us for Mother's Day???
Charlie took this picture of the kids at one of our favorite parks.  I love these little booger faces more than they will ever know.  They are my whole world. 
Mother's day with Grandma Debra
Mother's day with Grandma Dinorah
Ordered this from my Thirty-One business.  Super cute way to store my Scentsy blocks that Quinton was obsessed with digging out of the draw and playing with.  Now they are hidden in this on the counter. 
After my little rant on Insta about breaking my cup and having no Dr. Pepper.  My neighbor surprised me with this the day before my birthday.  So super sweet and totally unexpected!  Totally made my day. 
More mouth wide open pictures while waiting for sister at school.  This one though was in honor of my birthday and Quinton's two and a half hour nap! 
Morning of my birthday, got to sleep in for an extra 30 minutes while Charlie took Quinton to get me a bagel and coffee.  Then Natalia made me a Fluttershy with a party hat out of play dough because she's my favorite and it's my birthday.  Ha ha ha. 
Business as usual on my birthday and Natalia had dance class.  She got her costume that day, they were cowgirls if you couldn't tell.  ha ha ha
My birthday dinner request.  Salad and pizza from Idaho Pizza Company (IPCo)  pretty much the best pizza and salad bar around. =)
Went to get lumber for our garden we want to build and then had to figure out how to transport it home.  And this was a bit scary for me.  
Dance rehearsal day, Lydia's class, cute little cupids waiting their turn. 
Natalia's class had rehearsals at 5:30pm on a Friday in Nampa.  Local peeps know what traffic is like going to Nampa at rush hour is like.  Bad.  So bad.  So knowing how perpetually late we are for everything I gave us a full hour to get there.  (usually takes about 20-25).  It took us 50 with traffic, so I'm thankful for that full hour I planned for.  poor kid fell asleep on the way though.  
Dance recital day.  My beautiful dancers.  I still can't get over how brave they are.  I know I've talked about it before.  But when I was little I would seriously get so nervous at my dance and piano recitals.  My heart would pound out of my chest.  These two think it's actually fun to get up on stage though.  here's hoping that always stays with them and they never experience the fear.  
Natalia had casually mentioned to her teacher that she had a dance recital.  So I was shocked when she said she would come!!  Mrs. Moos came and watched and Natalia was SO SO happy.  I just can't even get over how special it was to have her there and for her to take time out of her weekend to come watch.  That's one special teacher in my book. 
Dance recitals, slumber parties with grandma, and lots of fun make for an exhausting weekend.  And she was out cold in the car on the way home from a lunch
Well it's time for me to start sticking my money where my mouth is and prove that I use what I sell.  So I've been posting more about my use of 31.  this is a shopping trip once.  Four boxes of juice pouches, four cran/raspberry juices, a huge apple juice and a gallon of milk.  It was heavy alright, but I got all of that to our fridge in the garage in one trip.  Pretty handy!
Doing a vendor event with Steph and Ali.  Can't tell by that sunshine, but it got COLD, and it rained and it was gloomy.  Not a success at all, but it was good practice!
Because Lydia is constantly saying funny things to me, I've taken to photographing her in the moment and captioning it with what she says.  Otherwise I forget it or forget to write it down.  Which I still do sometimes, but at least I get some of them now. This was one of them:
She spent the last 30 or so min "organizing" sisters bed. I told her it looked so nice and thank you for being a big helper. Her response "I'm not even sweaty, well.. Maybe I'm sweaty a little bit"
we went and watched Adam's last baseball game and then met up with everyone at Delsa's for some icecream. What's with kids not caring about their faces covered in icecream.  ha ha
I can't believe it, her first year of preschool is done.  Such a big girl now. 
And just to prove what a big girl she is, she went and grew like five inches.  Seriously.  This kid is tall.  
I had a cold after that vendor event, so one afternoon when I wasn't feeling so great we just spent some quiet time building legos together.  
That moment when your almost seven year old points out you have the wrong date on the sign from pictures this morning. Yeah that happened. And I ran out of printer ink so  can't make a new one. Tired mama.
Someone was ready to sit without the bath seat during bath time.  He scares the crap out of me a lot though because he is so daring and just slips and slides his little tushy all around. 
Field trip ready! Sling back is perfect and fits everything I need. I even packed my lunch Into my little thermal and it fits in there. Outside pockets have keys, hand sanitizer and tissues. Thankful for the chance to get to go with Natalia on another field trip!
Field trip to the botanical gardens. They got to hold roly polys, Natalia was still terrified of the koi fish, and then they played at the park. Even though she was scared of the koi fish pond, she was the only one to know the answer to the question of what type of fish they were. 
Big delivery day!! My third Start Swell came! (Top) so excited to try out that thermal at Costco this weekend. Ha ha. Bottom is my birthday goodies from hosting my own party. I also got letter charms with the kiddos initials. Love delivery days!!
Went to the Jarvis house to help them build their play set and we had tacos and the kids loved having their picnic up on the trampoline\
Waiting oh so patiently for Steph and Ali to get back with pizza since they took Jocelyn with them so I could recreate our picture from the previous year. 
Picture recreated.  Green was last summer in our backyard, yellow was this summer in the Jarvis back yard.  They didn't want to do the same arrangement, but close enough! 
Took the kids to see a movie with their cousins. Thought he'd fall asleep during like he used to do. Fat chance he loved the movie and kept pointing at different things. Get home and he's a grumpy Gus. Put on a movie while I do dishes and he's out cold. 
Later that day after the movie, we had all the cousins over for a spaghetti night.  They were dressed as super heroes and running around like crazy.  
The super heroes got hot and needed to cool off, and it wasn't long before they were soaked. 
Adding dirt to the garden box Charlie built for me.  We are turning something sad (Switch's grave) into something happy.  there is something very peaceful about that for me.  We've gotten some weird looks and reactions to that, and we laid a ton of barrier under all that dirt.  But oh well.... it's what we wanted and that's all that counts. 
My aunt Magdalena gave him this R2D2 for his birthday and he LOVES it.  He likes having it in his crib, and then he likes to take it out when he is awake.  For a while there he took it everywhere with him.  It's adorable how he will hug it and love on it. 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor