Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Quick post about the ER trip

I'm slowly but surely getting back on track here at home.

I'll get around to blogging about our most amazing Disney trip here soon!!

Doesn't help that so far 2 of the 3 kiddos are sick, my dishwasher quit the night before we left (and finally got repaired today).  It's taken me this long to get caught up on laundry, it's mostly done and mostly folded but none of it is put away.  I got to sleep and snuggle Quinton every night while in Disney, so he's struggling with sleeping in his crib again.  =(  And as previously mentioned I'm not doing so great physically...

Thursday (6th) before we left started out normal.  Got up, got kids up, made breakfast etc.  I used the restroom and then all the sudden something was wrong.  I had this horrible horrible stabbing pain in my lower abdomen.  I was doubled over in the living room floor in pain.  I was crying, and at one point felt like I was going to pass out from the pain.  Charlie didn't know what to do for me.  It got to a point that I was like ok, this isn't going away we have to find help for the kids and get me to a doctor.   We got a hold of his mom who came to pick up Lydia and Quinton. She already had Jocelyn and had to get Adam off to school so she couldn't take Natalia to school.  Thankfully Charlie's coworker Chris and his family live just two houses down.  Chris's wife Donna came to the rescue and came and got Natalia and took her to school for us.  We went to the ER and they admitted me.  They did the usual assessments, took blood, urine etc.  Got me hooked up to an IV and a morphine drip.  Once that kicked in I was loopy!  The pain went from stabbing to just a dull ache.  They decided to run some tests, so I got a CT Scan where they found fluid in my pelvis and what they thought were cysts on my ovaries.  They thought the fluid to be from a ruptured cyst (which would explain the pain that morning).  The doctor ordered an ultrasound to confirm all of it.  And yes I have cysts on my ovaries.  Yay me.  He gave me a prescription for pain killer in case another one ruptured and sent me on my way (with an order to follow up with my OB).

Since then, I've been super crampy.  At one point in Disneyland my abdomen started to seriously ache again, but it only lasted about 20 min and then went away.  Sunday and Yesterday I've been the most crampy I've been.  I tried to lay down Sunday because of the pain but I hated just laying there so I tried my best to go about my day to just ignore it ha ha ha.  I've yet to take the pain killers because I don't want to be loopy again, so I just deal with Midol.

I have my appointment with the OB tomorrow.  Who knows what she will say or do, or if there is anything she can say or do about it all.  I don't want to read too much on the internet about it because I don't want to freak myself out/read horror stories ha ha ha.   I'm also wondering if this could possibly be my body's way of saying, in case you were wondering, you are definitely done having babies.  I get a teeny tiny inkling once and a while that I want one more.  Usually it's when they are all being good and not driving me bonkers ha ha.  Then someone gets grumpy and I say oh heck no I'm done!

Today actually hasn't been to bad crampy wise thank goodness.

Anyway, that's what's going on with me.  I'm so thankful for my "village" once again!  Stephanie took all three kiddos for me for the rest of the afternoon.  So once we got home from the hospital I was able to eat lunch (Charlie stopped and got me soup/salad from Kneaders YUM!) and then I took a nap and a hot shower.  I felt tons better after that and so we ordered pizzas and took them over to Stephs house to feed the family to say thank you for helping out.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of my biggest fears is getting super sick or passing out while I have JaiseAnn by myself. Glad Charlie was home and that you were able to get some answers.

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor