Friday, November 7, 2014

Halloween2014

Ok, so I did awesome at keeping up our blog for a bit there despite how busy we got.  Then I sucked.  So now I'm trying to sneak in my Halloween blog post before we leave for Disneyland (tomorrow morning!!) and I know there will be tons to blog about there so I need to get caught back up before we go! 

We had a great Halloween.

First up was Natalia's Fall Festival party at school.  My grandma came and watched Lydia and Quinton for me so I could go help out in Natalia's class.  I love being in her class room and seeing how they do things.  It was also crazy hair and pajama day for the kindergartners.  Last time they had a crazy hair day I didn't go too wild with her hair because I was afraid she might not like it.  Plus she's so timid at times... this time she informed me that her hair wasn't crazy enough last time and I basically needed to up my game.  This is what we came up with.  Bows made out of her hair.  
Everyone in class loved it, the other moms loved it, and Natalia was pretty proud of it.  =) In class I ran one of the stations and got to have each kid at my station at one point.  It was fun to put faces to names of all of them.  

We quickly came home and got some lunch into the kiddos. We needed to get over to Charlie's work to do Trick or Treating in the office before nap time. Then there was an epic meltdown on Lydia's part because she randomly decided she no longer wanted to be Minnie Mouse.  WTF?  Seriously.  It was a struggle to get her to let me do her hair, let alone put on the costume.  Eventually she came around though.  Man she made a cute Minnie Mouse!  Natalia was the prettiest Jasmine I've ever seen.  and Quinton, well his bear costume was of course too small for his gigantic head but he was so cute and cozy.  He zonked out in there and got a good nap while we walked around. 
 Trick or treating to Chris who is our neighbor just two houses down and works with Charlie.  They are the best, his wife Donna was a huge help on Thursday.  (Short version, I was in the ER... I'll try my best to get a post about that up soon)
 After naps the cousins started to arrive.  Adam had decided this year to go trick or treat with the cousins on the other side of the family since they are all boys and well lets face it he's surrounded by girls on this side of the family.  ha ha ha.  But the girls had a blast together.  We had delicious chili and cornbread for dinner and then got everyone ready.  Another full blown epic meltdown on Lydia's part.  She still didn't want to be Minnie!  At first it was Elsa, but I told her we just don't have that costume (Santa is bringing her the Elsa dress and Natalia is getting Anna he he he, so technically I have it I just didn't want to get them out)  anyway, then she wanted to be Ariel.  We have the dress, but I just wasn't prepared for Ariel.  I fought her to the bitter end because I'm stubborn like that.  I hated that we prepared and got things for Minnie mouse only for her to change her mind at the last minute.  UGH!  I gave in though.  She also had a small meltdown over wearing jammies under the Ariel dress, which I was not about to fight.  So she wore footie horse print jammies under her Ariel dress ha ha ha.  I just so happened to have this red hair paint from my hair stylist to help brighten up my red streaks that washes out after 2-3 washes.  So I went to town on her hair.  She LOVED it.  So I guess in the end it was all worth it.  You can't really see the red in this picture, but it was very red.  ;)

 I had my AWESOME Princess Leia hoodie, and I had a pretty stinking cute Ewok to snuggle!

Ha ha, you can totally see her jammies under her dress in the picture.  But I love it because her eyes look so pretty!
We did the same loop around our subdivision that we did last year.  It was crazy busy this year though!  Last year there were about 10-15 still vacant lots/half built homes.  This year everything is full and all the homes are sold.  So we had a ton of houses to visit on our small loop and we had tons of trick or treaters at our house too.  It was so much fun, and the girls did awesome!  Quinton zonked out and was a trooper.  
We went back home and then John's older sister Sam stopped by to visit.  She lived with Steph and John for a bit and Cypress took to calling her Sam-mom.  So now she's Sam-mom to the girls too.  They got a second wind and had a grand time playing hide and seek/chase with Sam.  It was super cute.  
They think they are being so sneaky hiding under the counter, they giggled like crazy when they were found!
And with that ends our October!  Seriously crazy busy October!  YIKES.  Here's the link again for the album on Facebook with all our October fun pictures! Halloween 2014

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor