Saturday, August 9, 2014

Hodges Weekly News

It's Friday Morning.  Charlie left at 5am for his weekend in Portland.  Quinton woke up about the same time for a bottle.  Finally around 6am (ish) I crawled back into bed.  Exhausted but wide awake.  I seriously considered just getting up and getting on with my day.  Why?  Oh a little thing called a Keurig.  ;)  I scored an almost new one on Facebook from another mom for a super cheap deal.
 I had mentioned to Charlie a couple weeks earlier that I might want one for Christmas... and here one pops up for sale.  Score.  The idea of making a yummy mug of coffee and the extra time to myself seriously had me thinking I might not want to go back to sleep.  Of course sleep won out in the end and I dozed off after about a 15 min debate in my head.  Ha ha ha.  That can't happen starting Monday!

The girls were watching Lilo and Stitch, here they said that they were on the beach and the turtles were the ocean.

My friend Amanda's little guy Billy, 3.5 months younger than Quinton.  They joined us for a Tuesday Bachelorette night. 

Getting this little one ready for school means a quick trim.  Her second hair cut EVER.  ha ha ha.  I'm a little attached to their hair if you can't tell. =)  If they ever ask me to cut more I would, but they seem happy with long hair like mommy's.  (Lydia still hasn't had her first hair real hair cut, besides a small snip when she was a teeny baby to fix part of her bald spot)
I took her school clothes, school supplies, dance shoes, dance leotard shopping last Saturday.  We also did her hair cut and then had dinner with Cheryl.  Whenever I go out with my friends for dinner she asks to come along so this time I made it part of our mommy/daughter date.  She had  blast.  She asked me if I was sad she was starting school.  I told her yes... and this little thing has me pegged.  She then informed me that I'm only allowed to cry on her first day but not any other day.  

We had a big lunch play date with my mommy friends over here.  We had 19 kids and five mommies total.  Not pictured, is our three babies, Quinton, Cade, and Maxwell.  Plus Dawn's oldest who had to leave half way for a dentist appointment.   It was chaos but the best kind of chaos!  So much better than all our other attempts to have lunch together at restaurants.  The kids loved it and no one wanted to leave when it was over.   

Raincoats on a sunny day

I just posted this one today.  I was washing our dishes from lunch and gave Lydia a 5 min warning to nap time.  I look up and this is what I see.  Natalia is reading to her and "putting her down for a nap."  Seriously cute.  I said about this picture that they bicker and drive my batty some days, but EVERYDAY I am ever so thankful that they have each other.  They get to grow up together and be the best of friends.  I've never had that sister relationship so I get a touch jealous sometimes ha ha ha. I hope they always realize how lucky they are to have each other and stay close growing up.  


No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor