We had orientation on Monday the 11th. We took Lydia and Quinton to Aunt Steph so that Charlie and I could focus on just Natalia on her big day. We went to the school and got acquainted with her classroom/teacher. Put away all her supplies we bought, found her cubby, and listened to a bunch of important info. Then it was off to find the restroom and show her how to get back etc. We also had to show her the exterior door of her classroom and where to go for pick up/drop off. It was just a tad emotional but managed to keep it all in. ;)
Tuesday the 12th was the first official day of school! She gave me free reign to cry that day. ha ha ha. I almost lost it taking her picture with her sign! We got to school about 10 min early and of course it was chaos with all the parents and students first day business. I parked the car and got Lydia and Quinton loaded into the stroller. We walked up to her class room and waited for her teacher to open the door. I took a few more pictures and then the bell rang. My sweet girl didn't want to let go of my hand to get in line, so I walked her up and gave her goodbye hugs/kisses. She seemed totally fine though and walked right in to her class.... and that's when I lost it! Thank goodness I was wearing glasses and could hide my tears. I let a few more come out in the car. When I went back to pick her up I was so excited I may have shed a couple more when I squeezed her extra tight. =)
Each day has gotten easier to drop her off. No more tears have been shed. She is LOVING it. Everyday she tells me about a new friend she has made, and tells me all about her day in the car. I asked her the other day what her favorite part of the day was and she said all of it! Lydia misses her, I can tell. Each day she asks as we get back in the car, "where's talia?" Today I was downstairs dusting and she came to the top of the stairs and said to me, "Mommy I don't have anyone to play with me" heart breaking... Normally I'd be playing right with her or coloring or something. But I had to get the downstairs cleaned because tomorrow is Charlie's fantasy football draft over here.
![]() |
| Big girl doing her first ever homework assignment! She was so excited to do it that she didn't want to wait until after lunch! |
I got a call from a bus driver, and he said Natalia is on his route to go home. he would bring her right to the house from school. I was soo nervous at first to let her do this! I walked to school when I was little so the whole bus system seems a little foreign to me (although I rode it all through middle school, but by then I was older and 5 just seems so little!!) Anyway, I told her this first week I want to pick her up but next week we'll go talk to the bus driver and I'll let her try riding it. She's so excited to ride the school bus. ha ha. I'll probably still show up to the school the first couple of days just to watch her get on the bus, because I'm crazy like that. ;) Plus the teacher doesn't have what seems to be the best system to keep track of kids leaving with parents/getting on the bus etc. So I want to be sure that Natalia is fully comfortable with finding the bus on her own. =) In the end I know it'll be better for all of us because then I don't have to worry about if Quinton is still napping when it's time to leave to get her, plus I can get lunch going and have it ready for when she gets home instead of starting it when we all get home from picking her up.
I'm happy it's the weekend though!! My mom is in town and the girls get to have the usual Saturday date with her after swim lessons (Costco/lunch, Planet Kid, Slumber party) They are super excited! Charlie will be busy with his friends to Cheryl and I plan on taking Quinton for a walk around The Village since we've yet to check it out and grab some dinner. It'll just be nice to not have to worry about waking up right at 7 and getting the day going!






No comments:
Post a Comment