Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Missed out

Let's begin with last summer.  My mom, brother, his wife, and their kids had planned a trip to Roaring Springs.  Natalia and I were supposed to go with them and my grandma was going to watch Lydia for me since she was just too young.  Then along comes my nasty heat rash that I always get and I just couldn't fathom going and being in the sun all day long.  So despite my helicopter mom tendencies I sent Natalia with them without me.  I was SO SAD.  The pictures they took made it look like she had so much fun.  I hated that I wasn't there to see those big smiles and see her experience everything for the first time.  Fast forward to this summer and my heat rash had mostly cleared up by the time we had our day planned so I said screw it and went with them.  It was sooo much fun.  We brought Lydia a long too since she was old enough this time.  They both had such a blast and were such little fish in the water.  Totally fearless when it came to the little kiddo slides.  Natalia was hoping to go on the big ones, but was just a couple inches too short. (can't wait for next summer when she is big enough to ride them with me)  I LOVED spending the day with them and getting to experience it all with them.  It totally made up for missing out last summer.  I of course didn't get any pictures because my camera isn't water proof and I was scared of getting anything wet.  DOH!

Then on Sunday was a planned Fair day while my mom was in town for the weekend.  Being 10.5 weeks pregnant and still nauseous the idea of being outside all day did not appeal in the least bit.  So they left Dyson with me and Lydia (it was nap time) and took Natalia with them.  Again, oh the pictures broke my heart.  She actually rode a pony!!!  The kid has always chickened out of riding the pony at the pumpkin patch.  I was so impressed and proud she did it, but at the same time sad that we missed out on witnessing it!!  ARG!! She was so fearless on the rides and just looked so happy.  I know I'll get another chance to see it all but boy is it tough to let her go.  I know it's good for her so I do it, but come on!
This ride in particular makes me laugh because two years ago when she went on it she totally freaked out and refused to do anything else the rest of the day.  Here she is all grown up and doing it all by herself!! 








I wrote most of this Sunday night after she had gone.  I was waiting to see if my Brother had gotten any pictures of us at Roaring Springs with his water proof camera before I posted.  He got a couple but hasn't been able to get them to me.  So once I get them I'll add them to this post.  BUT, today we are going back to fair with Natalia's little friend Jude and my friend Crystal, oh and Lydia's friend Tate.  ;)  he he he.  So I'm excited to get to see it all again.  WOOO!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor