To be honest, I had myself convinced that I was NOT pregnant. I had horrible gut wrenching cramps and I just knew my period was going to start any second. I was pretty disappointed that it hadn't worked and had expressed that to Charlie with tears in my eyes the night before. Finally the morning of the 10th I decided to test because I needed midol for the cramps and I just wanted to be sure before I took something that was a big no-no when pregnant. So I did the test and left it in the bathroom and came upstairs to get Lydia out of bed. Meanwhile Charlie was in the garage working out and Natalia had just gotten up and went in there to say good morning to him. After getting Lydia changed I went back in the bathroom. My heart was all the sudden racing and I had to take a few deep breaths to calm myself. I looked at the test and there were those two magic lines!
My first response? I started laughing. Last time I was convinced I wasn't pregnant and looked at a test without Charlie was with Natalia and he wasn't too happy with me for that. Then I started crying and just hugging and kissing Lydia. WOOO we're pregnant!! So I wrapped the test up in a ziploc and gave it to Lydia and took us out to the garage. I told Charlie that Lydia had a present for him and she handed it over. I started laughing and crying again and he got after me for once again doing it without him. ;) But the end result is we are having a baby and we couldn't be more thrilled about it.
So now I'm about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. not that far along at all. I'm always afraid of the worst but at the same time happy and optimistic. It's so weird having those same feelings going through my head constantly. As far as symptoms go I'm already feeling the extreme exhaustion. Sleeping like a rock at night and still exhausted during the day. I fell asleep one afternoon while Lydia was down for her nap and Natalia was watching one of her shows. It only lasted about 20-25 minutes but I couldn't believe I went out that easily. Then on Saturday the 13th Charlie was playing with Natalia outside and Lydia was down so I decided to lay down for a bit too. Thinking it would be another 20-25 min nap. ha! I woke up almost two hours later! GEESH. I'm still having major cramps all the time, my boobs hurt like hell already, and just a faint bit of queasiness. Praying I'm not as sick as I was with Lydia and need medication to keep me going. I am however starving all the time it seems. Seriously, it might become an issue if this keeps up! It's been so hard to keep quiet about this, especially with the whole world knowing we were trying! Who knows who suspects what, but I'm going to try and make it to my doc appt on the 26th before we start announcing it. I have a super fun way of telling everyone that I hope works out. Other then that we have to be super careful what we say and how we talk about it around Natalia. She's so aware and smart now that she would definitely catch on quickly and then go around telling everyone about it.
I had my first pregnancy brain moment too. UGH! I had cleaned out the girls pool Sunday (14th) morning and put the hose in to fill it up. Then came inside to get us all dressed and ready to go to Target because Lydia needed diapers. I however totally forgot to turn it off when it was time to leave. Charlie had left for a bike ride so he wasn't home either. I didn't remember until we were loading up the car at Target almost an hour later. HOLY CRAP. So I zipped us home and of course the pool was totally over flowing. OOPS! We took buckets out and started to empty it. I couldn't believe I had done that.
**7 Weeks** Tomorrow is the big appointment! WOO. Finally can start to tell people. We told my mom last night because I needed her to take our announcement picture. I had her pose on the couch with the girls with the excuse that I needed an updated picture of her with them. First I said, "say cheese" then I said "say mommy's pregnant!" She didn't catch on at first, but when she did it was funny. I of course didn't catch her face on camera like I'd hoped for, but oh well.
Still so freaking exhausted. A little nauseous but not too bad. Have horrible heat rash from my weekend in Kennewick. I swear I can't get away with it! GRRR.
**8 weeks** Appointment with doc went well, confirmed I'm preggo. Duh. Go back at 10 weeks to hear heartbeat. Nausea is in full force. I feel like I go from feeling like I need to vomit to starving in a matter of seconds. And if I don't eat something fast then I go right back to nauseous! Grr. I'm beyond exhausted and can't seem to keep up with the girls or the house. Most of the family got their letter with our fun picture on it on Saturday and thought it was funny. No big surprise to anyone though he he. So very ready for first trimester to be over.
.
**9 weeks** Still nauseous, mostly late at night though. In the mornings I feel pretty good and Ive been trying to eat better to make up for the lack of healthy food the rest of the day. I eat pretty much whatever sounds good to try to prevent from feeling sick later. It's not been the healthiest of diets though so i feel a bit guilty about that. I'm having a hard time falling asleep at night now, can't seem to get comfortable (oh boy it's started already) and then I wake up multiple times to pee. so I'm still so very exhausted. Natalia has decided to wake up every single night now. So finally fed up with it we've told her from now on she has to go get Charlie not me.
**10 weeks** Got sick for the first time last night, it was pretty miserable. I was starving while I was making dinner. Usually I snack on the food as I'm going but didn't last night. It was pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and steamed veggies. DELISH. I ate it way too fast and way too much. I was miserable for about an hour following and then it all came up. GROSS. I proceeded to get sick two more times after that too. Usually after I throw something up I can't stomach to eat it again for a long time, if ever. I will probably never eat tuna again for that reason. I'm praying this is not the case because I love pot roast. Tomorrow is my second doctor's appointment and will hopefully hear the heartbeat. I've been trying with my Doppler at home but haven't found anything yet. Fingers crossed.
**Heard baby's heartbeat! WOO. Go back at 14 weeks to see my regular Doc.
So I was writing all that in a draft so that I could keep track of things before announcing our big news. Now that it's public knowledge I'll keep up with regular updates. Just wanted to get this one out there. =)
Thank you to everyone and their congrats to us and encouraging words. We are just so excited to have another little one.


No comments:
Post a Comment