I thought for sure I would cry when she left, but surprisingly I didn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm still sad about this move... but I'm going to be ok. not to mention she'll be back every 3 weeks or so to do the payroll for her work... her job is going to let her try doing her work from CO so that's a huge bonus. We'll get to see her again in 3 weeks, and we have a plan for her to stay with my Grandma Gladys so the girls get to spend the night with her one night and my brother's boys get another night. So they will still technically get their grandma sleep overs in.
Also, we are so very grateful for the extra time we got with her. She stayed with us for almost a month and a half after her house sold while she and her husband got their living situation sorted out in Colorado. It was an awesome month and a half. Gave us tons of concentrated time with her. It meant that while Charlie was in Vegas for five days I had help. Usually when Charlie goes out of town like that I go into survival mode. Meaning taking care of the girls comes first and foremost, then taking care of me. Then at the very bottom of the totem pole is the household things. Well, with my mom here I wasn't so worn out by the time bath time comes around at the end of the day. I was actually able to keep the house clean (and sneak in some extra housework as well).
We got to do lots of fun stuff with her too, extra trips to the park, a trip to Just Kiddin Around, and lots of lunches at Carl's Junior. (The girls LOVE their chicken stars and will eat twice, sometimes three, times as many of those then they will eat of other fast food chicken nuggets).
We can't wait to see Grandma again!!
Just Kiddin Around and lunch at Carl's Junior
Great Grandma Gladys's house, Grandma Dinorah was out playing in the sprinklers with the kids
Merrill Park with Grandma and then lunch at Carl's Junior




No comments:
Post a Comment