Sunday, July 7, 2013

Bye bye binky

It's GONE!

Lydia's Bibi is officially no more.  While Charlie was gone to Vegas I decided to just take it cold turkey.  She woke up from her nap Friday afternoon and gave me her binky as usual. This time though I said it was going bye bye.  I rounded up all the binkies I could find and threw them in the trash.  I didn't let her see me though because she's a smart cookie and knew what drawer i kept them in, so she would know where they were when she wanted one later if she saw them in the trash.

I was prepared for a long night but I should have known better!  That kiddo didn't even make a peep!  My mom put her to bed for me that night just in case and she went down without any fuss.  Slept the WHOLE night even.  GEESH.  And has done great at night time ever since.

Our only hiccup has been nap times.  She goes down super easy as usual.  But about 40-45 minutes into the nap she'll wake up crying.  She can't seem to sooth herself back to sleep or stay asleep during that transition without the binky.  Most times I can go in there and rock her for a bit and she'll go back to sleep for another hour or so.  But sometimes she won't and then she's exhausted the rest of the afternoon and bedtime becomes a night mare.   A friend of mine on Facebook said her little guy did the same thing and that it took them about 2 weeks to get back on track... but of course right at the two week mark Lydia got sick.  So we had one really good almost hour and a half nap and then it's been awful again because she's all snot nosed.  Although at night she's still sleeping awesome because she doesn't have the problem of trying to breath and keep the binky in so that's a blessing.  Once we get over these colds I'm sure it'll get better though.

Once we have a good week/2 week streak of good naps then I'll work on taking the bottle away again.  yes,  she has her bottle again.  A few months ago we managed to get rid of it and she was doing great.  Then she started teething and wouldn't  sleep at night.  The only thing that worked was if I let her have some milk in a bottle.  Then she started sleeping better and once I let her have that bottle of milk before bed she started sleeping all night again.  DAH!  So I know she's capable of going without it, it's just I didn't want to try and do that and the binky all at once.



Big girl growing up so stinking fast.  She's just the cutest. 

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor