Just wanted to get something out there.
My mom leaving was just one piece of the puzzle to my funk. I had a lot of other things going on, mostly mommy failure guilt, that was causing my funk.
It's amazing though. I've been seeing a counselor for a few weeks now, and what a difference it makes. Seriously. As many of you know I worked for a counselors office for 5 years before deciding to stay home with my babies after Natalia was born. I loved working there and really did believe that counseling can help those in need. It just took me a bit to realize that I was that far off and needed the help.
I still have some low days, but at least it's not lasting all day long anymore. My patience with the girls and Charlie is slowing returning. I'm working on gaining a new perspective of my mom leaving. She has given me so many ideas and tips to help, that I feel such a difference already. I don't know how long I'll continue to see her, or how often for that matter. But boy am I glad I finally did it. I'm sure when my mom actually does leave at the end of the month I'll struggle again.
But for now:
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I just waned to wish you a happy Mother's Day. I know you'be been having a tough time with your mom moving, and so I wanted you to know I was thinking of you.
Love this friend.
Post a Comment