Well he did it. He turned two. Bubba is officially not our baby anymore, he is now a little boy. This rough and tumble total little boy. Adventurous and fearless, he is definitely different than the girls where.
A few things about our bubba:
Still a total daddys boy, daddy is his whole world. But when he's tired he likes me a lot. He's a total snuggler and I love it.
If he's hurt he comes to me for kisses, gives me his hand to kiss or shows me on his head where it hurts, some kisses and he's happy to go on about his business.
Still isn't talking!! We have an appointment for evaluation for speech therapy through the state infant/toddler program this Thursday for it. He grunts and points a lot. He's figured out a way to communicate with us, it's just without actual words. More than anything my concern is that he used to say mama and dadda but refuses to now, and just hasn't really picked up more words. "no" being such a common word among toddlers and he just screeches and shakes his hand at you. When he wants something from the fridge or pantry he grabs our hand and leads us over there to show us what he wants.
His favorite food is pizza. This kid LOVES pizza. When we have it delivered he runs for the door and gets so excited when he sees the pizza box, does this cute little dance. Anytime he sees the box he recognizes it and gets so excited. He eats so much of it, out eats the girls easily.
As much as he is such a boy, he doesn't like his hands to be dirty. Makes me wash his hands. He likes protein bars (While pregnant with him I lived on the Zone mint and chocolate bars, the girls started to like them and I like that they will eat those in favor of a candy bar). Anyway, he has started to like them but doesn't want the wrapper on, the chocolate melts on his hands and he gets all upset about it. he will however let me wrap a paper towel around the bottom half. ha ha.
He loves going around and closing all our doors.
Like i said, he's totally fearless, climbs all around, he's been climbing the play house for months now. It's hard for me to just sit back and relax watching him just go go go, but I don't want to hover... too much. he LOVES our playhouse set outside and will go up the ladder/down the slide over and over again until we have to drag him in kicking and screaming. It will get tons of use this summer and the thought of that makes me really happy.
Loves to read stories. He will snuggle right into us in the rocker before nap and bed time and let us read. All we have to do when he's tired is ask if he wants to go read and he will say uh huh and nod or point to the stairs.
He loves to draw and paint with the girls. He will bring me his pieces of art to be praised and then will point to his part of the window frame and want me to hang it up. Each kiddo has a part of the dinning room windows where we hang up their craft projects etc, especially their holiday ones and he has caught on to that fast.
Right before we left for Hawaii he started using "more" in sign language. He saw Natalia doing it and then just imitated it and in Hawaii he really mastered it. Especially when it comes to something he really wants like my soda. If you ask him to do it he totally will, and sometimes he might even add the sign for please in there.
Strawberries are probably his second favorite food.
Loves anything with wheels; cars, trucks, trains etc. Loves them. Loves to push them around and give them sound effects. Got a huge Tonka truck for his bday and he loves pushing it around.
 |
| I know I've posted this in the February update, but I really love this picture of him and wanted it included in his birthday post. |
 |
| Where did that dimple come from?!?! So so adorable. He LOVES R2D2. Totally recognizes him all the time and points. So of course I had to put it on his birthday shirt. |
 |
| Had to get a picture of him in his Easter outfit! Could this kid be any cuter? |
I was in the process of getting his birthday party all set up and all the sudden I looked at the clock and recognized the significance of the time and got all sentimental and emotional about it. So I did a quick post to try and express the emotions I was feeling.
 |
| Two years ago at about this exact time I went into active labor (after a week of false labor). This little guy joined our family shortly after. I have been all sorts of emotional today thinking of him and how quickly our time has gone. He has my heart wrapped around his finger. He's been my hardest baby and has truly tested me as a mommy and made me question myself and my abilities on many occasions. But one thing has never changed, how much he belongs to us. My love for him has only grown exponentially. Love at first sight in its truest form. Having your final baby grow up has got to be one of the toughest things for a mommy to watch. I just need a pause button!! So tonight as we sing Happy Birthday to him I will start crying now as usual. Tears of sadness for how fast he is growing and tears of happiness that we get another birthday to celebrate with him |
 |
| Morning of his birthday. I had bought my own helium tank this time around and was able to blow up a bunch of balloons for him to play with. Totally worth it. I usually take them to Zurchers and pay to have them blown up, and since the party was on a Sunday and they are closed I would have had to do it Saturday, and risk them being deflated. This seemed like the better option and now we have a tank here a home. |
 |
| Ready to go do his birthday photo shoot, I just had to get some pictures of him. If i ask him to go stand by the wall for some pictures for mommy he totally does it. He sees the girls do it all the time, so I guess to him it's a normal request ha ha ha. |
 |
| For his birthday this year we did a Star Wars theme. I wanted old school Star Wars, the ones we grew up with not the new Star Wars (even if we liked it a lot) so I had to do a lot of searching on Ebay and Amazon for party stuff. Luckily I was able to dig out a ton of Charlie's old memorabilia for decor too. |
 |
| Woke up from hi nap to realize mama had started to decorate and he was fascinated by it. |
We had all our family over for his birthday for pizza and cake and he had a blast. Loved opening his presents, it was so so cute. He would point and say "wow or woah" I guess those are words in his vocabulary ha h ah. He loved everything he opened. Loved playing with his cousins.
So here we are, me all being sad that he is growing up so stinking fast. What else is new?!?! But seriously, could I get a pause button please?
WE LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!!!
Happy 2nd birthday buddy.
Facebook link to his birthday party photo album:
Quinton Turns 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment