When I approached her about her birthday party this year, I asked if she wanted to have a party with her classmates/friends at a location, or home or with cousins.... etc. This cutie's best friends are her cousins and she wanted another family party at home. I won't say no to that! So we ordered giant Subway sandwiches (her dinner request) and did our usual fun with the cousins. It was a huge hit and she was spoiled as usual.
This beautiful, smart, fun, artistic, silly, sweet, girl is six. Can you believe it? I know I can't. She is seriously such a great kid. I know sometimes she can drive me batty, but really she is such a good girl. She can be mean to her sister, but she can seriously be the sweetest big sister you've ever seen. She is quick to let Lydia have her way and give Lydia whatever it is she wants. They play so well together 99% of the time, and it's fun to see their relationship grow. I know it's too much to ask that they always get along this well, but I can always hope!
Natalia is reading!! I still can't get over it. I remember learning to read from my dad the summer before first grade and that was early. Now they teach a lot of it in Kindergarten and they depend a lot on the parents to work with them at home. I loved working with her here at home. They sent home a flyer that if they read 600 minutes in a month then they could earn a pass to Roaring Springs. So Charlie and I worked super hard with her and got it done. Now this little girl reads like nobodies business. Not just site words, but she's awesome about sounding out words she doesn't know. She reads to Lydia all the time. Her scores at school are above grade level for reading! Smarty pants!
She's always up for going and doing something fun. Anything to get her out of the house she loves it, grocery shopping, library, zoo, park, play dates with the cousins, I feel bad when we have down days because I need them to get caught up on laundry or house work, but she's a trooper.
With the end of kindergarten came her program. The kiddos did so great and sung lots of fun songs. Natalia got to come forward and hold up a big bear picture during one of the songs. At the end they sang a song about saying goodbye to kindergarten and hello first grade.... oh my tears. I did everything I could to not break down bawling at that moment. Yikes.
Earlier that morning little miss also got her Citizenship award during the special third trimester awards ceremony. She was a little hesitant to go up front and get her award, but she did it. I was seriously so proud of her. She really is an awesome kid, and to have others recognize her awesomeness just makes me a proud proud mama.
They also did a field day at her school for the end of the year. She said her favorite part was the potato sack race and of course when they got to eat the Otter pops. ha ha ha. Thankfully another mama sent me some pictures of her from their day and I got to see my cutie in action.
We started the questionnaire last year, and it was fun to see the changes in her answers in just one year. And of course some stayed the same!
1. What is your favorite color? Green
2. What is your favorite toy? all of them
3. What is your favorite fruit? watermelon and honey dew
4. What is your favorite TV show? johnny test
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? white shells
6. What is your favorite outfit? pony jammie dress
7. What is your favorite game? hide and seek
8. What is your favorite snack? chips
9. What is your favorite animal? i dont know
10. What is your favorite song? Rudolph
11. What is your favorite book? Princess Adventures
12. Who is your best friend? Morgan- a cute little classmate at school
13. What is your favorite sport? gymnastics- two classes in and she is LOVING this summer class.
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play with daddy
15. What is your favorite drink? special juice- the punch we make for family get togethers/parties.
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Mulan and Merida
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cinnamon Rolls
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Subway sandwich
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Artist- this is a new answer, but a much more fitting one. And we like to show her all the options available. Like the artists that work for Disney to make the movie, or the other day she was drawing pictures for a book she wanted to make. I told her she could be an illustrator some day.
21. What makes you feel sad? Mommy yelling at me- again I promise I'm not a yeller! I might raise my voice from time to time but I try really hard to not do it.
22. What makes you feel happy? Playing with my mommy
23. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom or Dad? play outside
24. Name one thing you do really well? School
25. What do you wish for? a princess celestia
I know I said that the birthday photo shoots would end as they started school and got school pictures each year. But has her birthday got closer and I got a little more sad about how fast time is going, I started to realize the one thing that always made me happy and I looked forward to where those birthday sessions. So I went ahead and scheduled hers. I figure one of these years she'll all the sudden hate it and tell me to stop and that's when we'll stop. (same for the other two) Anyway, we had fun and she has so much energy. Such a cute goofball. Here is our sneak peak:
![]() |
| Her grass mustache |
![]() |
| This was one of those moments of her trying not to smile and Jessica our photographer kept saying, "don't you dare smile" and so this is the result ha ha. |
Happy 6th Birthday big girl!!
LOVE YOU TO THE
MOON AND BACK!















No comments:
Post a Comment