Sunday, May 17, 2015

Recital 2015

The girls had their dance recital on Saturday the 9th.  Last year was so stressful, but this year was PERFECT.  They ended up splitting that evening show into two shows because of sold out tickets.  Which meant that the six little ones classes were in an earlier show and then they had some of the teams perform so that the little girls still got to see the big girls dance.  Which made for just a 45 min show.  My mom was in town this year and loved getting see them dance.  I left Quinton home with my friend Cheryl since I didn't think he'd sit still for it.  Which helped out a ton.  I made sure we got there nice and early and we were able to get seats right up front and center (the girls performed on opposite sides of the stage so we needed to be in the center) 
The girls both did amazing and were so super cute up on stage.   Lydia's class is the youngest class they do, and everyone was fawning over how adorable they were.  And they all did so great, Miss Kimber seriously knows what she is doing when it comes to them!  Natalia has been a little hesitant about going back to dance in the fall, but then told me she still wants to keep doing it.  I think watching the big girls dance helps because the same thing happened last year.  She also loves the dresses they get and told me that was one of the reasons to keep going. ;) 
Our little family (minus Q) after the show
Sassy girls ready to go to the recital!
Lydia has the BEST eyelashes, the kind that we as grown up ladies would all envy.  Seriously the best.  
I recorded the girls during their rehearsal and and at the recital.  Both videos are a little blurry, but the rehearsal one turned out a little bit better.  Except my phone ran out of storage right before Lydia's dance ended.  DOH!  Our actual video recorder's battery is shot, really should look into that.  

I'm so proud of them!  They acted like it was no big deal that they got up and did that in front of so many people.  I remember my dance recitals and piano recitals and my heart would pound like crazy before performing.  I love that they get exited about them and I hope we get to do this for many years to come!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor