Sunday, March 22, 2015

Quinton is ONE


My dear sweet bubba,

I'm sorry I'm so delayed in writing your one year old post.  This last year has flown by so fast.  So it's no wonder that the last couple of weeks since you turned one has gone by so fast that I just haven't had a chance to really sit down and write out this blog post. (daddy went out of town again and even though it went better this time-more on that later, we kept super busy and were so exhausted at night I didn't have the energy to sit and write)  Even now, I'll start this and probably take a few days to finish.  I just want to make sure I get every thing down and remember it all. At least this way, I have your 1 year stats from your doctor's appointment and can keep it all in one post!
Height: 2ft 5.75in (42%) 
Weight: 22lb 8oz (68%) 
Head: 19.25in (98%)
So since you've become mobile and your appetite has changed significantly, you've started to thin out quite a bit!  Still above average for your weight, but you were much bigger last time.  But, that head!  poor noggin just is out of proportion.  Big brains right?  I'm sad to see those amazingly chubby cheekers starting to disappear, but we've started to notice that you actually have dimples under there!  So stinking cute. 

You are the apple of our eyes.  Your sisters adore you to pieces and love giving you loves, playing with you, helping me take care of you.  Sometimes you feel like they are smothering you and you screech from too many loves, but it's still pretty sweet.  You truly are the baby of our family, and everyone knows it. You've mastered that sweet little bottom lip pout and it's really just too cute.

When we give you something to eat that you really like, you will nod your head up and down likes this, and usually it includes a lot of "mmmm's" this time no mmms, but your are definitely nodding.  I was feeding you eggs and ham from my omelette and you were loving it.  Definitely a favorite right along up there with pizza.  If I eat anything while sitting on the ground with you, you are usually right up in my face and I have to feed you like a little bird.  Tearing off teeny pieces of whatever I'm eating to share with you.  


You've mastered the stairs!  Although mommy still wont let you near the big long stair case, you love going up and down the little fours steps to the toy room.  It's so cute to see you turn your little body around and go down feet first like we've practiced so many times.  The other day while I was sorting through sisters clothes there on the landing you kept your self entertained for a good 45 minutes on the sitars tossing a toy up going up after it, tossing the toy down going down after it.

Speaking of the toy room, you still love it up there.  Your favorite corner of the toy room is where we have the play kitchen.  You stand up at it and bang away with the pots/pans and all the fun doors it has.

You are probably not very close to walking.  Everyone asks me if you are walking yet, and really I don't think you have any interest in it.  You'll pull up to standing on things and will walk around while holding onto them.  If I try to stand you on your own you immediately buckle your knees.  Natalia didn't walk until 14 months and Lydia took forever at 17 months... so you've got some time.


You love tossing a ball around.  Or rather kind of rolling it.  But you are really good at rolling/tossing it to us and then laugh when we roll/toss it back.  You think it's a pretty fun game.  I tried to get a fun video that Daddy took you doing it, but it won't load...  I have everything he takes on his phone go to drop box, but I can't seem to get it to work.  Where as with my phone it just load easily.  UGH!  Oh well, it's cute just believe me on that.

When we did your birthday pictures I made sure to bring a little football that you LOVED tossing around.  It was so super cute.  You had the best smiles and giggles and she got some great shots.  You didn't like being outside where it was cold and windy so much, and hated the frosting... but the other ones turned out super adorable.


This was a the library a couple of weeks ago.  You and sister were playing with those sheer scarves and you were tossing them in the air and in pure heaven.  Your smile here says it all!


Really really love swinging.  Neither of the girls loved it as much as you do.  Natalia wasn't too sure of it at first but get the hang of it.  Lydia has always been on the fence about it, but now doesn't mind going high as long as she is in the baby seat. You on the other hand love it and are always giggling in it.  Even when we do it at home you love it.

Had a real hair cut!  I trimmed it a little bit a few months back, but really not much because you were so squirmy.  But right before your birthday I really went to town and got it trimmed up.  You hated it of course, and it was totally uneven but you really needed it.



On his actual birthday we just had a pretty normal day around here.  I made chocolate chip muffins for breakfast and we stuck a candle in one and sang.  (and I cried he he)  he wasn't so sure about that flame business!!

I let him play in his favorite spot in the house, the tupper ware cabinet.  Whenever I need to buy myself 20 minutes I stick him in front of this and it works every time.  It's a mess to clean up afterwards but it lets me get dinner done!

We had his actual birthday party the next day and it was a Seahawks theme.  I found the perfect little invites that said, "Seahawks born, Seahawks raised. I've been a Seahawks fan for 365 days"  it was adorable. I seriously tried to not go as overboard with my decorating this time, and pretty much only managed to cut out using less streamers.  Baby steps people, baby steps!  A ton of our family and friends came to celebrate our little man and it was a blast.  He had no idea what was going on, but showed off his love of balloons for everyone.

It was a fun and busy weekend for us and we are just so blessed to have so much family willing to come and celebrate a one year old's birthday with us! 


I know my last post about this little dude was a little bit of a downer, he has been a hard baby.  But man oh man do we love him to pieces.  He seriously is the cutest little guy and really has been a lot of fun too.  I know his sleeping/eating habbits can only get better so we will just keep plugging along until we figure it out.  He makes us smile daily and is an important part of our family being complete.  As sad as I am to have my baby grow up so stinking fast on me, I'm also so excited to see the little man he is going to become.  To see the relationship between him and his sisters grow and change.
You are so very loved bubba!!

LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!!! Happy First Birthday!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor