Thursday, September 4, 2014

Various pictures and things

Hello blogging world.  We're still here, and we're still busy as ever.  I have a bajillion (yeah it's a word) pictures I could share with you and update you on the happenings in our lives... but the idea of doing that seems so daunting.  Then i start to get all sorts of anxious and overwhelmed and then I just put off blogging even longer than I already have.  HA!  Anyway, I had a few pictures already saved to this post so those will have to do for now.  If you want real time updates be sure to follow along on Instagram or Facebook.  I'm sure my 2.4 readers already are, but hey just thought I'd put it out there again.  ;)

Quinton isn't doing so hot lately.  We had some major issues with trying to start solid foods.  Gas/constipation/no sleep... miserable mommy and baby stuff.  So I took him to see the pediatrician (actually another in the practice since ours was out of the office that day) she said he had an ear infection and almost a double because the other ear doesn't look so great.  So the idea was to start antibiotics and stop solid food.  Man oh man was I sad to hear that.  poor kid is a chunk and starving, he has to keep up his figure some how!  So we're almost to the end of our round of antibiotics.  Then we can start solids again.  If he's still freaking out then we might have to do a allergy panel to see if there's more going on.  Seriously.  How in the world did we get a kiddo so sensitive to all kinds of foods etc.  I love him oh so dearly but he has definitely been my hardest baby.  I just want to make things better and happy for him and I can't, so I feel oh so lost.  We have our six month check up next week with our regular pediatrician.  The other doc suggested that with our history of ear infections with the girls, Natalia being in school and bringing home all kinds of germs, plus Quinton being so young and already having had this happen twice... we are on the road to a very rough winter.  So she said to talk to our doc about just jumping the gun and going for tubes.  I think it might be a good idea, so we'll see what she says.  =(  Anyway, in the mean time I have a freezer full of homemade baby food ready to go.

I had a most fabulous weekend away last weekend.  The weather was just perfect for lounging around on the boat.  We didn't get to wake board, but I was definitely OK with just laying around and reading.  It was great!  I got to attempt to paddle board which was hilarious.  Thanks to Super daddy here at home I was able to just relax.  =)  Of course then I get home and Quinton is sick, I don't think the antibiotic is working... and I stayed up with him all night Tuesday night.  UGH!  he wouldn't nap either all day long... so when he finally fell asleep in the car on the way to Natalia's dance class I decided to let him sleep.  So I ran her into class and then hung out int he car with him and Lydia.  I killed the battery doing so because sleep deprived Selena didn't think straight and had the air going but the engine turned off.  GRRRRRR.  Added some awesome points to an already awesome day.  Anyway, The girls started dance this week.  It was Lydia's first class and she was in her element.  As soon as we pulled up she recognized the building and said "OHHH it's my dance class!!"  She is taking the class with her two little cousins and they were so super cute together.

Ok onto my few measly pictures.  We did finally attempt to do the bus with Natalia.  She went that one day and then called it good ha ha ha.  She was only 1 of 6 kiddos on the bus and the other 5 got off at a daycare up the road... so she was alone on the bus for a good 15 min on the way back to our house.  I think she imagined it would be more like her classroom and lots of friends to make.  So she told me she liked the bus, but that she liked it better when I pick her up.  WOO!
I followed the bus home that first day.  Yes I'm one of those moms. 


Getting off the bus right in front of our house.  Although it would have been convenient, it didn't get her home until just after 12:30pn, and even later when they do late start Wed and she doesn't even get out of school until 12:20 on Wed!  So although it sometimes sucks to wake Quinton to go get her, I'd much rather pick her up! 
Natalia is loving school.  She is still letting me walk her to her classroom, but I'm just waiting for the day to come where she tells me to just drop her off and she'll go herself.  As it is as soon as she hears that bell she is ready to drop my hand and take off to go wait in line with her classmates, I have to practically beg for loves goodbye!

Lydia is fully potty trained!! I'm still slightly shocked on how easy she made it seem.  So proud of her!!  Part of being a big girl who goes potty is getting a big girl bed!  It took me forever to switch Natalia out of the crib because of her poor sleeping habits, but this little bug has always been my best sleeper. I had originally planned on just taking her crib apart and using the full size bed option on it, but randomly did a search one day on Craigslist and found this beauty!
It made her oh so happy!!  I painted the little Mickey heads black and she of course has done AMAZING with sleeping her in bed.  She goes to bed perfect every night still, waits there until I come to get her in the mornings and is still napping like a champ!  She adores having her bed so I think it's more appealing to hang out in it anyway. ha ha ha.  Right now we are using an adorable Mickey Mouse bed set my aunt gave her on it.  But it's just the comforter and a couple of pillow shams.  It doesn't really match the rest of the Minnie Mouse stuff in her room though because that matched the bed set we had on her crib.  So I found a full size set that does match and put it on her birthday wish list.  Can't believe she is almost 3!!  Little one did the potty thing and big girl bed thing before she was 3 and long before sister did either.  


Last couple I had saved was from when the girls went with my  mom, brother, sister in law, and nephews to the fair.  I opted to stay home with Quinton because we all know how well he handles the heat! ha ha ha.  They had a blast of course and stayed out way too late!!  I love that they are forming traditions like this with my mom though. 


Ok, that's all I got for now.  I could go on for days because we've been busy... but that busy life is calling my name.  I need to put away laundry and check on Natalia's homework progress.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor