Friday, June 6, 2014

Q at 3 Months

This handsome little fella is three months old today!!  

I might be slightly biased, but seriously he is ADORABLE. 
Those chubby cheekers, big brown eyes, long eye lashes... who could resist?!?!?

Mr. Q:

Finally starting to do a little better in the car seat.  As long as he is well rested or really tired (so he can fall asleep)  and well fed, he stays happy.  Anything in between is a disaster.  It's a fine line to walk, but we'll take it as a win. 

Still sleeping in the bassinet next to me.  So at 11 weeks I'd moved both girls to their cribs in their rooms.  Thing is, that was in the old house and their door was about 8 feet away from our bedroom door.  I could hear them cry from our room without a monitor, over my floor fan and over their floor fan. But here... here his room is all the way upstairs.  It's  SO FAR AWAY to me.  I'm definitely not ready to move him to his crib.  I do however try to have him nap in his crib during the day.  The longest he will go is about an hour, and then if I feel like he needs more sleep then I'll move him to the swing for a little extra Zzzz's.  I figure I'll know when we are both ready for that transition.  For now I'l keep him next to me.  He's still not he best sleeper at night though.  We had a pretty good night schedule forming before Texas and we are slowly getting back.  Except last night he was up at 12:30, 3:30, 5:30, 8:00... I'm pooped.   I'm definitely ready for a good night's sleep.  In the mean time I"ll just have to enjoy the snuggles, oh darn! ;)  Speaking of, little mister is sound asleep on me as I type this.  *The motor on the swing sounds like it's about to go out (it's been through three babies after all!!) I'm screwed when it finally does give out because he definitely sleeps the best there of anywhere else. 

Mister Q is quite the big guy.  Although some of his 0-3 and 3 month clothing fits.  He's been wearing some 3-6 month clothing too!  I'm excited for his 4 month check up next month to see exactly how big he's gotten. 

He still loves to be in the Ergo, which of course I'm happy for.  He hates to be hot though and with the warm weather he gets pretty hot in there.  So we borrowed a Moby Wrap from my sister in law Steph and gave it a go.  Both times he's been in it he's gone right to sleep so I would say that's a success.  

He's starting to try and grab toys when you hold them in front of him. 

Started laughing.  It's not a full giggle, YET. But, he does laugh and it's usually just when I talk to him.  I try to tickle him to get a giggle but that usually just produces cute smiles.  But, I do love that smile! 

Loves bath time.  He can be super fussy and all I have to do is lay him on his towel next to the tub, he knows what's coming next, and he calms down.  He doesn't like being dried off and getting dressed though, that usually brings on the cries again.   I was officially peed on finally while he was in his little tub last week.  Knock on wood, it hasn't happened during diaper changes yet..  ;) 

For the most part, did AMAZING on his first big trip!  Flying there, the drive, the few days we were there, the drive back all went so smoothly.  The flight back was a little stressful but I'll take it.  

Doesn't really like to be held horizontal, wants to be upright... might have to do with his gas issues.  We still have some bad days, but for the most part his gas is manageable.  

His neck is super strong to the right, as in he prefers to face to his right.  The pediatrician said we have to be super aware of it and try to get him to look to his left as much as possible.  We can't force it because it only strengthens his neck to the right.  Whenever he is asleep on me or in the Ergo I wait until he's out cold and relaxed so that I can adjust his head to the opposite side. 

And like most babies, loves to lay under the ceiling fan and watch it spin.  =)  

With three kids, every day just seems to go so fast and before I know it another week has gone by.  I'm trying so hard to savor and enjoy every minute of my babies being little but most days I feel like there just isn't enough time!!  

Quinton, I hope I'm being the best mama to you possible!!

LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor