Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The one where Lydia is all the sudden two and a half

I'm going to risk sounding like a broken record here, but seriously, where is the time going????

Miss Lydibug is officially two and a half and on her way to being three.  This kid cracks me up and has so many fun quirks to her personality.  I wanted to jot down a few so I can remember them always.

The language of Lydia:
*pocca bots- polka dots
*tato tots- tater tots
*piggy pails- pony tails (piggy tails)
*it SURE is- she says this as well as, he/she sure is, I sure is, etc.  She emphasizes the sure and it's hilarious.  I will say something like, "Lydia you are so funny" and she will respond with "I sure is" or "that swim class was fun, it sure was"  you get the idea right?

*LOVES to be outside.  Loves to go for walks in the wagon, try to ride her bike etc.  Loves her helmet and wore it all around the other day.  She wore it to the park and it looked like she was in some sort of challenge/competition show ha ha.


*is little miss independent.  Which is so funny when Natalia is so demanding and wants us to do everything for her.  Lydia's most used phrase, "No! I do it"  If I try to help her get in her car seat, or get in her chair for meals etc, this is what I hear.

*she loves to take her socks off and put them on her hands.  I've found her like that in her crib numerous times when I go to get her up from nap or in the mornings.  She does it around the house and in the car even.  Sometimes you'll find her with slippers on her hands as well.  Strange kid.
**side note, yes she is still in a crib.  Yes I'm one of those moms.  Natalia stayed in her crib until she was 3.5 (and she was a horrible sleeper, where as Lydia is a champ sleeper) She's never tried to climb out and seems happy there.  We've talked about putting up her rail and converting her bed into a toddler bed, we just haven't done it yet.  Maybe this summer, I'm not in a hurry since she seems happy in there.

*she's taken a big interest in potty training all the sudden.  Except, she has already peed in her diaper and is aware of it.  At which point she will strip completely naked and run for the bathroom to sit on the potty.  Then she will refuse to get dressed or put on a dry diaper.  ha ha ha.  She always sits on the potty when we offer, and loves to try to go before nap/bed/bath etc.  Nothing has come of it yet, but it's exciting that she is trying it out on her own. I bought her some pull ups to try and help but she still hasn't quite grasped the concept.  I was going to wait until this summer (when hopefully I'm a little more rested and I'm more used to this new chaos) and then really focus on it like I did with Natalia... but if she keeps this up it'll probably be pretty easy to get her trained.

*I'm struggling on what to do with her for preschool/kindergarten.  Registering Natalia I saw the cut off date was September 1st and it got me thinking about Lydia's October birthday.  It means that Lydia wouldn't start her first year of preschool until next fall (2015) and she wouldn't start Kindergarten until the fall of 2017, she would turn six just two months after starting.  It worries me because her two little cousins who are 2/6 months older then her will be a grade above her because of the cut off date.  She's already so tall and so much bigger then kids her age (including those two little girls) that she would be older and way bigger then the kids her her class in that case.  I'm worried about her getting made fun of for that.  I don't know if I should try to push for her to start preschool this fall and push for her to start kindergarten early.    Then again, I feel like if I start her this fall then I'm being cheated out of a year of her being home with me.   Ugh.  What to do??

**She was very insistent on helping me vacuum but I had to be right there because the noise of it scared her I think.  (and yes I'm wearing my Ergo with Quinton in it, a serious life saver)

**She's got the most beautiful eyes/eyelashes.  I might be a little biased but I think she's gorgeous and going to give us a lot of trouble as a teen.  ;) 

**Little miss Minnie Mouse to the extreme: slippers, pj's, and rain coat.... and more then likely her socks were Minnie too.  

*Her new thing is to wear two different socks and two different shoes. They all have Minnie Mouse on them so it works right? (look closely in the pictures above she is wearing two different socks while vacuuming and two different slippers on her bike)  

**We went to Target while Natalia was at preschool the other day.  Quinton woke up hungry so we hung out in the back of the car while I fed him.  She decided to climb into her car seat like this and hang out like that for a while it was funny. 


**we've been using a bunch of our make up swim lessons and going on Wednesdays as well as our usual times on Saturdays.  Charlie usually swims with Lydia on Saturdays and I've gotten back in the pool with her on Wednesdays.  Today the teacher said that Lydia is ready to advance to the next level, which means we won't swim with her anymore!  It's bittersweet, I enjoyed being able to swim with her but it'll be fun to just sit back and watch her as well.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor