Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Jingle's arrival/Antics and a Santa visit

Time to get the Christmas blogs caught up... yikes.  I'm not going to make excuses, they are the same ones as always.  

Well Jingle made her arrival.  Because of the cousin sleep over at Steph and John's post winter garden aglow we had to post pone to Sunday morning (I usually do it Saturday morning after Thanksgiving, the Christmas decor is done by then and everything looks so festive)  Anyway, Natalia kept asking when Jingle was coming so she was pretty excited to see that she had finally come back.  This year Jingle's ornaments were compliments of  the Disney Store in Denver. ;) **of course Jingle (read mommy) didn't realize that R2D2 was just a toy and not an actual ornament until the night of set up ooops!** The jammies all matched and I had bought them months earlier on Zulily.  The silverware and sippy cups I got at Target on clearance after Christmas last year... and everything else I already had.  

We made reindeer pancakes as per tradition to welcome Jingle into our home.  Good thing mama knows when Jingle is arriving so I know  when to have the fridge stocked with the appropriate supplies.  wink wink.  Natalia is getting so good at reading we had her read Jingle's letter all by herself this year. 
Quinton was so super adorable looking at the pancakes all setup, he kept saying "woah, woah"  


That night Jingle was back to her old tricks and fun set ups for the kids to find!
Jingle sack races
Monday the 30th we went to The Village in Meridian right after school and had no wait to see Santa!  it worked out perfectly.  We got a good cousin shot, and then they each took turns with Santa.  The girls wouldn't smile when it was their turn so I had the photographer just snap this quick shot of them talking about their lists with Santa.  This Santa was pretty awesome sauce too, very very authentic.  ;)


And now onto the antics:
Putting together some of the girls puzzles
I was having a sad day missing Switch, so Jingle was a dog walker this night
Originally Jingle was supposed  to do this awesome Elsa/Frozen thing but I was worried about waking up too late to get it set up before girls got up... good thing this was my plan B because my fear came true and I didn't wake up early enough. 
And then here is the Frozen set up.  This ended up being a popular one all over Facebook with some peoples set ups being more extreme or cooler than ours, but hey  the girls got a kick out of it.  I hardly slept worried I wouldn't wake up early enough too get it out on the counter, but I pulled it off.  We included the note about Love and kindness  would help thaw Jingle out to help explain the melting ice.  At one point it was almost gone so while Lydia wasn't paying attention and Natalia was at school i quickly pulled her out of the ziploc I had put her in to protect her from the water and put her back on the tray next to Elsa.  When we got home from picking up Natalia from school they noticed and thought it was sooo cool that while we were gone Jingle had done that.  ha ha ha
Trying to warm up after being frozen all day the day before.  
Rooting for the Seahawks!
This one was captioned, "geez Jingle what are they feeding you at the North Pole"  ha ha ha
I thought the girls would love being able to take Jingle around the house and showing her things, but with school etc they didn't get much of a chance to. Should have done it on a weekend.  Oh well!
"With a dreamy far off look, and her nose stuck in a book"
This was supposed to be  Belle, but apparently this was Cinderella's dress so it threw the girls off.  Oops. 
One of my favorites, it looked so much cooler in person the pictures didn't do it justice! Minnie swing carousel with Jingle
Road trip!
Lego Jingle
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way. Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh!

Spidey sense is tingling
having some fun with bows and the kitchen cabinets. 
It's Jingle's clubhouse
"While we devotin' full time to floatin' Under the sea!"
Man this one would have been so much cooler if i had thought of using my big bowl on the dinning table early enough... but I had already put all the work into gluing the blue paper down that I just went with it. 
Jingles TP castle
"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"
The night we went to see the new Star Wars my full dorkiness came out in huge lumps.  
More of my awesome creation, I was really proud of this on and that I got her to stand. 

This was the night after Natalia's Christmas party with her classmates I was EXHAUSTED so this w as as far as my effort went.  Ha ha.  We had used the popcorn popper that day and I didn't put it away. 
If fun and fashion are what you seek, you'll find it at Minnie's Boutique
Ninja Elf, code name Jingle
Campout 
Playing hand and foot with Santa, and she left them a good bye note because she was going home with Santa when he visited on Christmas Eve

So there you go.  I actually struggled a couple of nights this time because I was so exhausted and just didn't feel up to doing much... but by the time I got started on something small I ended up making it into more.  Oh well.  It's sooo worth it the next morning when I see their faces and the excitement of finding Jingle.  I really liked coming up with ones from movies this time and will probably try to do more of that next year.

No comments:

Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.-Louis Mandylor