Tuesday the 1st was her open house. She was ecstatic! I don't even think she really understood what preschool was or what she would be doing there. She just knew it was something that would be hers (she is so used to life revolving around Natalia's school schedule I think, that she just wanted something of her own to do) And boy was she happy. She was a little timid when we first walked in, but as soon as she got to color she really opened up and then was excited. Ms. Janis is seriously the sweetest lady and I'm so so thankful we found her. We did the check off list of activities and showed her around and then went to the backyard for her to explore. Our friends the Evermans were there since she and Tate will be in class together. We told Ms. Janis that she wouldn't have to worry about Lydia and Tate because they aren't attached to each other like Jude and Natalia were. These two are hilarious and up until about a month ago really didn't interact. But after our summer gymnastics class together and actually getting to hang out this summer they finally interacted a little! Anyway, we made them pose together for a picture outside before heading off for lunch.
Thursday the 3rd was her big day! WOOO! I don't know if you can tell by this picture, but that is her excited smile. She usually just half smiles or does something goofy, or totally fakes it when I try to get photos. Not this time, she was all about it being her turn to pose with the sign!
I think sister got a little jealous of the attention and asked if I would take a picture of them together... I wouldn't say no to that!
Then it was time to take them to school. We dropped Natalia off at school first and then headed off to preschool. I was a little emotional walking her up to the door and saying goodbye. She was as if this is totally normal and we do this all the time. HA. I was just worried because she is so sensitive and sweet. Her feelings get her easily and she cries easily when it comes to being overwhelmed or frustrated. (I gave Ms. Janis a heads up about that so she knew)
Quinton and I then went home and just played in the toy room which was fun to get some one on one time with him and focus on him.
When pick up time came she was still happy! Ms. Janis said Lydia was a little shy and uneasy at first so she took her to the table to color and draw and then just like the open house she warmed up and seemed fine. WOO.
So now we've been doing preschool a few weeks. Lydia LOVES it. She asks everyday if it's preschool day. (she goes Tue/Thur mornings) she is so happy when I tell her yes she is going that day. She loves picking out her things for share time. We get the note Tuesday on what it should be (usually goes with what they are working on, for example bring something red/green, and they were working with that that week) and so she comes home Tuesday and immediately puts her toy in her backpack for Thursday ha ha ha. I ask her all kinds of questions about it and she always just says "I don't know" or "I can't remember" but so far I haven't heard of any crying incidences so I consider that a win. She's a smart kid and probably knows a lot of what they will be doing this year, but she really needed to be social and get out of the house. She's so used to playing with cousins that it'll be so good for her to just do something else. Since she is an October birthday she'll do this year of preschool and then do Pre-K with Ms. Janis next year and then Kindergarten the following year. Jocelyn and Cypress will be a grade ahead of her, so I hope it won't be too much of a bummer for her. I really hope that she doesn't get too bored in school because she's a smarty and will probably be ahead of her grade from Natalia and the two cousins being ahead of her and teaching her all this stuff. If it's anything like Briana and Kyle (also an October birthday) she taught him all this stuff and they would play school etc so he get way ahead in school and ended up graduating a year early. So maybe she'll skip a grade someday or something? Only time will tell!
It's been strange having two gone, and only brings into perspective that my babies are growing up and in no time at all I won't have anyone at home! As sad as I am that they are growing up so fast, it's been fun to watch them develop into their own little people with such different personalities. And I'm excited at the thought of all three of them in school and all the fun I'll have volunteering in all their classes and helping out at school.
And now, she's going to be four in just under a month! She wanted a Frozen party, and boy am I going to deliver. I get that Frozen has soooo been done... but it's been fun finding ideas on Pinterest and ordering fun stuff off of Etsy. Plus it's been a great distraction from the sadness lately and it makes me happy. They could probably care less about the work I put into it because lets face it, it's more about the fun with cousins/presents/cake part to them, but I love decorating for them so I go crazy. ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment